SD Card

StealthSoul said:
If I convert a whole movie and copy it to SD card, will that work?
Or only short clips as stated above?

also
Does anyone know where I can get cheap SD cards and SD card readers online in the UK for cheap? Amazon Marketplace is really confusing for this sd card >.<

Full movies? yes but:

1) that would take ages and i mean ages
2) you cant fit a movie on a 1GB SD card.
3) remember: when you convert a movie to the format the wii takes it will be a large, large, large size.

NOTE: To anyone who seen a SD card under £10 on amazon.co.uk don't fall for it, they add a massive p&p on it, i'm talking about £10 p&p :crazy:

Retman said:
Full movies? yes but:

1) that would take ages and i mean ages
2) you cant fit a movie on a 1GB SD card.
3) remember: when you convert a movie to the format the wii takes it will be a large, large, large size.

NOTE: To anyone who seen a SD card under £10 on amazon.co.uk don't fall for it, they add a massive p&p on it, i'm talking about £10 p&p :crazy:
How long would it take for a 20 minute long video in AVI around 100mb to convert and how big would it be, roughly?

If it takes too long and too big size, then I dont think I'll get an SD card any time soon XD

Last edited:
Major Tom said:
I'm not sure it depends on the file size & format of the video.
stealthsoul said:
AVI around 100mb

Ah well, I looked online there seems to be alot of problems with videos, i'll probably wait a while to get one. thanks for answering my questions Retman and Major Tom

Retman said:
It doesn't matter on the brand/model Period.

You cant do anything with miis with a SD Card

All you can do with a SD card is back up your channels/save data, edit pictures and/or short video clips in teh photo channel, play your own music from it on excite truck.

Not worth purchasing a SD card right now in my mind

Wait a minute.... what about save games??? Wii doesnt save your "save game files" to a memory card?? Sorry for the stupid question, but im used to playstation 1 and 2, and I have LOTS of 8Mb memory cards because i got loads of save games.

Many many times i had to delete save games because of lack of space on the memory card that later i turned to regret, so i ended up purchasing one memory card after the other, until i installed a HD in the PS2. I definitely dont want to run into "out of space" problems when saving games on Wii !!!!

So, basically, since i dont want to listen to mp3 on Excite Trucks, nor edit photos, i DONT NEED a SD Card???? Are u sure i wont need it for save games and whatever comes from the web, like a new browser version??

Last edited:
mabhz said:
Wait a minute.... what about save games??? Wii doesnt save your "save game files" to a memory card?? Sorry for the stupid question, but im used to playstation 1 and 2, and I have LOTS of 8Mb memory cards because i got loads of save games.

Many many times i had to delete save games because of lack of space on the memory card that later i turned to regret, so i ended up purchasing one memory card after the other, until i installed a HD in the PS2. I definitely dont want to run into "out of space" problems when saving games on Wii !!!!

So, basically, since i dont want to listen to mp3 on Excite Trucks, nor edit photos, i DONT NEED a SD Card???? Are u sure i wont need it for save games and whatever comes from the web, like a new browser version??

YOu can transfer over the saves to your card this makes it so if you run out of internal memory you dont have to go deleting every save. Also if you fill your memory with channels from VC titles this gives you the ability to save them on there too. All depends on how much your are going to use yoru Wii.

Back