sd card

torontowii

WiiChat Member
Jan 20, 2008
I know that sd cards are mainly useful for getting game saves online or posting game saves yourself but heres my question:
how do you get it on your computer if you have the card, do i have to buy a entirely new driver and build it into my computer so the sd card goes into it or what?

If you've purchased your computer fairly recently, they all come standard with SD card slots. I actually had my laptop for a whole year never knowing I had one (although I don't use it really). Double check your machine for a small, slot/opening, it'll also usually have the SD logo imprinted next to it in very small font.

You need an USB Sd converter ,around 40$ it converts SD cards in a flash drive plug it into usb port and BOOM! instant acsess to all files and more on SD card...

where on my computer might the driver be?my computer is like 2 years old. but theres no way im paying anything over 20 bucks just to get and upload saved games

I bought a Dell about a year ago without a card reader so it's not completely standard. You can pick one up a lot cheaper than $40. Check newegg. You can get one for less than $10 shipped.

Yeah it's far from accurate to call SD slots "standard". They are not.

Another vote for NewEgg. You can find 99% of the computer stuff you need there, often for some of the best prices and reasonable (or free) shipping. The more you buy, the better the shipping deal. So stock up. And use the ratings and reviews to make your choices.

Every half-decent computer I have seen has an SD card slot. Mines like five years old and it has one...

i have a 14-in-one card reader that i got for under $5 shipped. forget where though. it can read any type of flash memory. even mini and micro SD cards (without the adapter to make it a normal size SD). if you spend over $15 on a card reader you paid WAY WAY WAY to much.

Bigred said:
Every half-decent computer I have seen has an SD card slot. Mines like five years old and it has one...

If by "half-decent" you mean "overpriced" then I wholeheartedly agree.

While I agree that media slots are convenient, the irony is that you tend to only see them included on "pimped-out" lower-end models... those "media PCs" and the like which are really low-end computer components flooded with tons of gimmicky add-ons to increase the "gee whiz" factor.

I just worked with someone to purchase a Dell Latitude D630, which is a rock-solid quality laptop. Are you seriously trying to convince us that Latitudes aren't "halfway decent"? If so, you're a bit out of touch.

Tip: if it's being sold off the floor at Best Buy, Circuit City, or Staples, it's not a "high end" PC.

sremick said:
Agreed, but sticking a "400-in-1" media reader in a crap PC doesn't make it a good PC.
Yep. Theres no point in getting a super nice card reader. I really don't know of any other memory devices you would need besides SD (all kinds), USB, and XD (Olympus Cameras). On my computer I have extra card ports for ones I've never even seen. (MS, MD, Smartmedia, Compaqflash)

a camera uses a sd card.

is it possible for me to save the stuff on the card using my wii,then put the card in the camera and hook up the camera to my computer and being able to acess the saved file i got from my wii?

torontowii said:
a camera uses a sd card.

is it possible for me to save the stuff on the card using my wii,then put the card in the camera and hook up the camera to my computer and being able to acess the saved file i got from my wii?

No... Olympus brand cameras use XD.

And to answer your question... Yes it would work. It'd be a hell of a lot easier to just stick the sd card in your computer...

Back