SD Cards Needed for game saves ?

I just bought a 2gb SD card for my brand new wii...it registers it being there on the initial login...i'm able to look at pictures on it and transfer saved data from my wii hard drive to my SD card BUUUTTT for some reason I cant save game data or load game data from in game from my SD card...anyone know why?

bigstrickler said:
I just bought a 2gb SD card for my brand new wii...it registers it being there on the initial login...i'm able to look at pictures on it and transfer saved data from my wii hard drive to my SD card BUUUTTT for some reason I cant save game data or load game data from in game from my SD card...anyone know why?

I have the same question. I only see the Wii internal memory in Madden to save games to.

You can't save directly to the SD card, the games can only access the internal memory. You can, however, copy a saved game from the internal to the SD card, and vice versa. Maybe in the future, there will be games that can save directly, but it would be impossible to change games already released.

that doesnt really make sense to me...i mean why would they have a memory card slot and not let you save games to it....I hope they change this...sooon...heh

The only way it will change is in future games. The current games are stuck where they are (the save control is stored on the game disc itself, it's not up to the Wii). 512MB is plenty of room for game saves. If you need more room than that, then you have to have games you aren't playing. The memory card slot is mainly for the photo channel. Remember that SD cards aren't just for Wii.

Back