SD Memory Card for the Wii

MasterJedi2U

Banned
Jan 28, 2007
Durham, NC
Wii Online Code
5251-2094-6508-9892
Okay I'm about to purchase a SD Memory Card for my Wii just incase the systems memory fills up quick once we download the VC games and other software from Nintendo. My questions is will 2G be enough to last for awhile? Or should I get something even bigger? Also I'm planning on buying the ScanDisk SD memory card. Has anyone gotten it and whats your opiniong on it? Poor or Good? Worth the price you got it for? I've found some good deals on it at different sites which sell it for way less than Walmart's 80 freaking dollars.

Last edited:
Thats a lot to be set back. The SanDisk is around 25 on eBay and I think its a pretty good quality SD card. Plus are you sure the ScanDisk Ultra is compatible with the Wii?

Newegg used to have a 2 gig for 16.99+3.99 shipping (kingston brand) but i have not checked to see if its still there in a while.......so check newegg.com

:D:D

MasterJedi2U said:
Thats a lot to be set back. The SanDisk is around 25 on eBay and I think its a pretty good quality SD card. Plus are you sure the ScanDisk Ultra is compatible with the Wii?

Works fine so far. I might not make a huge diff. on the Wii, but with a digital camera it helps a lot....since I will use it on both the Wii and camera I went with the Ultra....don't forget about shipping on Ebay also...sometimes they jack up the cost there.

2GB? :shocked: Honestly, you're really asking if it's good or not? You should be able to answer that yourself, that's pretty frigg'n awesome:yesnod:, just be sure to buy something other than nintnedo brand, Nintndo brand will rip you off, it's the same as all the other SD cards, just more expensive

But, anyway, 2GB for VC games, that should hold a hefty amount of VC games, go for it

what is the point of SD cards and how do you save on the SD card? Does it do it automatically

thatstobadd56 said:
what is the point of SD cards and how do you save on the SD card? Does it do it automatically
You can save onto the internal memory automatically, but you can't download to an SD card, you have to download it to interenal memery then transfer it to the SD card, but you have to go into the data management on the Wii, it dosen't do it automatically, if you use up all the internal memory or channel spaces, you have no choice but to save to a memory card, and the bigger the SD card, the more VC games that can go on it

Well its a ripoff if its 80 dollars as it is on Walmart. However I'm getting the OFFICIAL Nintendo brand SD Memory Card for $28.00 totall off of eBay which is perfect right? $50.00 less than retail price.

MasterJedi2U said:
Well its a ripoff if its 80 dollars as it is on Walmart. However I'm getting the OFFICIAL Nintendo brand SD Memory Card for $28.00 totall off of eBay which is perfect right? $50.00 less than retail price.
How big is it? If it's 2GB, snatch it up while you still can, a deal like that is once in a lifetime

if it's 1GB, same thing

if it's 512MB, eh, you could probably get the same thing retail

it it's 128MB, then it's overpriced

Back