SD memory card

chr_mar

WiiChat Member
Mar 1, 2007
What is a good size mem card to get for the wii? I want to only have one for all the game saves and downloads?

most your games are saved to internal memory.. you really dont need a memory card to play the games.. its for extra stuff like copys of your VC games you download... the picture viewer... to play mp3's on the wii... anything like that

You can put VC games on your mem card? Does that mean you can bring them to other peoples wii and play there?

Really? I'm pretty sure that you can't...or at least you can't transfer them onto their Wii.

I have a 2 GB SD card that I got at staples on sale for $40. To give you an idea, Zelda: LttP is about 5 blocks, and the SD card has about 15,000+

That may be overkill, but I couldn't resist the sale.

No, from what I have heard you cannot save VC games on a card and transfer them to another Wii.

But I am confused on how to play MP3's on the Wii because it will not recognize any of my MP3's or pictures on my card.

theiceman72 said:
Bottom line is that you really dont need a SD card for anything. Save everything to the Wii.

Really? Do most people agree with that statement? I only ask because I was about to purchase one for $25.00. 2G SanDisk Card...should I really not bother for right now? Or get it just in case?

theiceman72 said:
Bottom line is that you really dont need a SD card for anything. Save everything to the Wii.

depends on how you use the Wii. i've read soooooooooo many of these threads with people not bothering to read older threads to find out that their question has been discussed, if not answered many many many times before.

if you want to transfer files to your Wii from the pc/mac (jpeg,mp3) you need an SD card.

if you want to upload or download save games from the net (not just VC but new titles too), you need an SD card.

if you have loads (yes loads) of VC content, and your broadband is patchy, you need an SD card to create a library of games.

if you want to create a safe save point that you can go back to when your games goes totally tits up, you need an SD card

if the above list doesn't affect you, don't buy one.

Okay thanks so much for the answer. I understood most of those points except the one about "If you want ot upload or download save games from the net". Are you talking about these possible "indie" games that Nintendo might be releasing thru a channel in the future?

My friend told me with the SD Memory Card you can put music on your wii and LISTEN to music while your playing your games?

Back