SD Memory Card

manxxutd

WiiChat Member
Mar 23, 2008
I was thinking about getting a 1G SD Memory card for the wii, but i was wondering what are the benefits of it.

you can use it to store save files and your virtual console games on it. as you know, the wii's 512mb memory is pretty small, so if you plan on playing and saving a lot of games it is very useful. wiiware is also coming and who knows how large the files will be for those games.

ty, but i got 3 more questions...

1)Is there any way i can transfer the data i have on my wii right now to the SD memory card i am going to buy??

2)what is wii ware?

and kinda random...

3)do u know if/when they r gunna come out with the DLC for the wii version of gh3??

I havent tried it but i think you can since there is an option in the saves menu to copy, so im guessing you can transfer it to your sd card.

Also if youre gonna buy an sd card, i think the largest size that the Wii accepts are the 2gb sd cards. Don't buy the sdhc type cards, theyre not compatible with the Wii.

Wiiware will let you download software or games made specifically for the Wii by independent developers or major developers/publishers like Square Enix. Examples are Everyone's Pokemon Ranch and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King. i think it's coming out in May.

Yeah, I think there are plans to release DLC for Guitar Hero 3 on the Wii. You can read this.

http://www.nintencast.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1196714872&archive=&start_from=&ucat=2&

awesome!!!! u answered everything perfectly... 1 more question tho..

wut is an sdhc card. I am going to buy a card probably from game stop, thats not sdhc is it?

SDCH are the newer types of card which have higher capacity. Older sd cards can only carry up to 4gb of data while sdhc have the capacity to carry up to 128gb. Unfortunately,the wii is incompatible with these cards.

Well i don't think you need to worry about that since its usually written on the card if it's an sd or sdhc card.

kaydee09 said:
SDCH are the newer types of card which have higher capacity. Older sd cards can only carry up to 4gb of data while sdhc have the capacity to carry up to 128gb. Unfortunately,the wii is incompatible with these cards.

Well i don't think you need to worry about that since its usually written on the card if it's an sd or sdhc card.

128gb. right.. I think you got that confused with 128mb.

128gb is a theoretical max. It hasn't been done yet. (or atleast not marketed.) I think the highest you can buy is 32. They are coming out or recently came out with the 64 though.

no im not an idiot so i didnt get it confused. why would i say from "4gb up to 128mb?"

if you wanna be all technical, yes it is the "theoretical" maximum capacity so i guess i should have mentioned that it has the potential of carrying up to 128gb.

why do these people allways argue about this kind of stuff?

kaydee09 said:
no im not an idiot so i didnt get it confused. why would i say from "4gb up to 128mb?"

if you wanna be all technical, yes it is the "theoretical" maximum capacity so i guess i should have mentioned that it has the potential of carrying up to 128gb.

theoretical and actual is very different. For example, in theory cars will fly is very different then cars can fly.

I meant confused as in you misread the source. And there is no need to flame...

Bigred said:
theoretical and actual is very different. For example, in theory cars will fly is very different then cars can fly.

except this is a legit theory, that is proven, and accdng to cnet is being done.

my advice is dont get it at gamestop

u will get a better deal online or bestbuy for a regular sd card
u dont need to get one that says wii on it their more expensive for no reason
they are all the same

i saw a 2 gig sd card for 20 bucks at radioshack yesterday

Bigred said:

thank you sir for that kind lesson on the difference between "actual" and "theoretical".:)

Back