SD memory card

fantalio

WiiChat Member
Nov 19, 2006
I had a defective WII and just received my replacement. I tried to copy my save game from zelda onto the new wii and it says "blocks were not copied" as the error message. Did they block all copying from other WII's? If so how do I get my old save games onto the new WII?

Today Wallmart had 1gb SD cards for $13.98. I bought 2 of them and I had no problems copying games and save files over to them. However you cannont transfer files from the SD card to another Wii. You can still play the saved games and use the save files though if you put in the new Wii.

you just said you can't transfer them, then you said i can if i transfer them. which is it?

He said you can go from Wii to SD, but not SD to another Wii. You can play ( according to Lethal's post) and load the save file from the SD card just like it was on your Wii's storage.

as far as I can tell there is no way to select the sd card while loading a zelda save game. Am I missing something here?

In order to do any sort of SD memory management, you have to have downloaded the two updates that were available at Wii launch. So if you haven't set up your internet connection and downloaded the updates, you need to do that first.

I am able to go online and when it checks for updates it says it's fully updated. I can see the SD card option but it won't allow me to transfer from the card to the WII.

mooseboy333 said:
If i use my computer can i transfer the files from card to card

there is nothing special with the SD Card's. treat it like a regular flash card, you'll be able to transfer

Back