SD Memory

Wycky

WiiChat Member
Nov 13, 2006
Australia
hey all, im new to Wii Chat but have been reading up on the Wii since Day 1.
One thing i have heard no one mention anything about is the SD Memory Cards, which i think is great.
I'm a big fan of all the old games which i will be downloading them so i'll need the room.
What i think is great is the SD cards are fairly cheap (been shopping around), and when the SD Card gets full plug it into the computer and download the games your not playing much so you now got room for more games. When you wanna playing the old ones again just plug the card back in the computer and up load then plug back into the Wii.
SWEET!
A cheap place i have found is here for $66 for a 2GB
Total Tech
i order all my computer stuff from there.

I'we got a 1Gb kingston reserved from the same place where I'm getting my Wii from. I'm guessing 1Gb will fit all the VC games I can get for the next few years.

infernocs said:
I'we got a 1Gb kingston reserved from the same place where I'm getting my Wii from. I'm guessing 1Gb will fit all the VC games I can get for the next few years.

I thought the VC games had to stay on the wii's storage due to the fact that you only license the games and aren't allowed to play them on other machines.

vagrant said:
I thought the VC games had to stay on the wii's storage due to the fact that you only license the games and aren't allowed to play them on other machines.
you can probly store em on memory, but can only be played with the matching system code, or the purchaser must probly enforce a password or some kind of I.D.er

Storing your pictures, music and videos is a good idea. I really like how on the Xbox you can play musics saved on your hard drive during gameplay. Let's hope Wii games will use that feature as well.

it sucks that you can only play the games on your sd card on you wii. i know why, copyrights, but i carry an SD card with me AT ALL TIMES...in my Treo 650 smartphone so its too bad cuz i'd be luggung my games around, ready for action!!!

cant you dl a VC onto a SD card and play it on your mates machine? i wouldnt have thought so..but i take it you can use your saved games on other peoples wiis.

epikon said:
cant you dl a VC onto a SD card and play it on your mates machine? i wouldnt have thought so..but i take it you can use your saved games on other peoples wiis.

You can only play VC games on the machine they were downloaded to.

Back