SEARS sells Brawl early???

GigaRidley

Ouroboros
Jan 24, 2008
Larchmont, NY
Wii Online Code
4005-0628-2206-3853
All right... get ready for some big news.
SEARS released Brawl today. That's right, today. I didn't believe it at first either, but I called my local SEARS and they said that they had begun selling it today but it was currently out of stock. same with all the other SEARS I called. I tried getting it online (it would have come on Sunday the 2nd) but as I was ordering it, it went out of stock. When I called Gamestop about it, they said they aren't selling it untill March 9th because (and I quote) "they have morals", and promptly hung up.

Anybody know about this? I think SEARS is gonna be in trouble now...

Yeah, that must be in the U.S.
Canada Sears is just straight up Sears stuff.

I don't know, but I went online and they have an entire videogame and electronics section.
As I said before, THIS IS REAL. I called the SEARS near me and they said they were selling it today, but it was currently out of stock.

do you have a link>? i checked the site and couldnt find brawl

spiff-ssbb said:
do you have a link>? i checked the site and couldnt find brawl
From the other, not as well named thread:
Pnuts said:
Well, it looks like Sears.com pulled it from their site. It still shows in a search, but if you click the link, it says the item is no longer available.

wonder if you will get it or not, also wonder if this is due to news of the above gonintendo.com link and nintendo hearing about it.

sears search for it, first result: http://www.sears.com/shc/s/search_10153_12605?keyword=smash+brawl

pro gamer said:
What are morals?
here's the definition from dictionary.com:
morals: (n) principles or habits with respect to right or wrong conduct.

It doesn't sound like Gamestop's pleased with SEARS actions, huh?

Yep several people have already reported that Sears has sold then "In Hand" copies of Brawl and they are now starting to put up picutres of the game and manuel and receipt as proof.

Wow...they are gonna get sued big time...

Too bad we didn't know this earlier, otherwise I might be happily playing Brawl right now.

pro gamer said:
hope walmart does the same thing.
I heard a rumor that walmart might sell theirs on the 7th...
Plus rmemeber this was just a rumor but the Sears was also a rumor that came true..

WOW! THere is a walmart that will open on March 7th that is a mile away from me.

walmart usually sells games a day or two ealry, its a normal thing, but the US sears selling the game this early is such messed up.

Back