SEARS sells Brawl early???

PrinceLink said:
WAIT CANADA is sellign SSBB early or is AMERICA??? and which states people i need information tell me!!!
Look, most of us are as confused as you are. It seems only some SEARS got the game (the one near me included).
The one thing we can all agree on is that it looks like SEARS is probably gonna get its butt sued off.

I just want the game i wont even play it until march 9th i just wanna make people cry at school!!!!
it would be soo funny I would say hey look what i got *pulls out SSBB* kid responds hey look what i got *Pull out pistol and shoots me*

NVM im going to wait for the releasedate and i think the medicine i took for my dentist appointment made me crazy so sorry if the above made no sence what so ever

The Sears in Vancouver has always sold video games. Hmm maybe I should give them a call..

Later on, another dude told me that what happened was, they put them on sale online. The reason they did that is because it usually takes 8-10 business days to ship (Brawl comes out in 10 days...).

^In response to that, some stores in various parts of the country got involved in a miscommunication, thinking that since the website put them on sale, that they could go ahead and put their copies, which weren't supposed to sell until March 9th, on sale. Thus, some stores sold them prematurely, while some were smarter and realized the mistake.

Apparently, the site has been updated since then to clear up the confusion. But, it is true...some people are playing the English Brawl as we speak.

I would say, as of now, it's a lost cause calling, because every Sears I called knew what I was calling about..."are you calling about that Smash Brawl game?" Word has gotten around, so your chances of getting one now are unlikely.

Marioman said:
I don't believe this...it's just mistake on their site and computers, none of the employess know anything about it so they just tell you whats on their computer...Since when did sears sell video games????
our sears sells video games!

but they only sell the games and not the consoles.It is in the tv section of our store. Im not sure wat is up with why they pulled this move but i dont think it is a screw up because i have a friend that just got it. I am actually kind of glad that sears is selling it because then EBgames does not get all the profits. I thinnk when you get an offer lilke that you get greedy and it is all down hill form there

@ Lugia: Thanks, now I understand. Seems pretty stupid of SEARS to assume that they can now sell brawl.
There are some very lucky wii owners out there right now...:(

Lugia said:
Later on, another dude told me that what happened was, they put them on sale online. The reason they did that is because it usually takes 8-10 business days to ship (Brawl comes out in 10 days...).

^In response to that, some stores in various parts of the country got involved in a miscommunication, thinking that since the website put them on sale, that they could go ahead and put their copies, which weren't supposed to sell until March 9th, on sale. Thus, some stores sold them prematurely, while some were smarter and realized the mistake.

Apparently, the site has been updated since then to clear up the confusion. But, it is true...some people are playing the English Brawl as we speak.

I would say, as of now, it's a lost cause calling, because every Sears I called knew what I was calling about..."are you calling about that Smash Brawl game?" Word has gotten around, so your chances of getting one now are unlikely.

Thanks man you rock!

ok now iI understand the situation. also learned that sears sells videogames in some places. just the thought of that creeps me out. i hate sears with a passion.

Sears is a man's tool store not a video game store. I think that stores should stick to one thing on selling. Like sears is a tool store and dick's sporting goods is a sports store.

Back