SEARS sells Brawl early???

Caliko said:
Company's are suppose to ship their products before release dates. If Nintendo were to ship Brawl on the 9th we wouldn't receive it until the next couple of weeks.

I used to have access to the back rooms of Toys R Us' games department. I got to see the PS3 and Zelda TP days before they were released.

wrong.

thats why most things are released on weekdays. oh look such and such came in on tuesday or wednesday so instead of storing it in the back we can sell it when we get it.

Lugia said:
wrong.

thats why most things are released on weekdays. oh look such and such came in on tuesday or wednesday so instead of storing it in the back we can sell it when we get it.

No, that's true. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten things before they were released because of dumb staff. They get shipments before release dates.

Man, this is weird.
I just called the SEARS I called yesterday (the one that said they had it but it was sold out) just to check, and it turns out that they got another shipment today, but it was also sold out!
I hope the SEARS near me continues to be oblivious tomorrow so I can actually get the game if another shipment arrives. Strange that they are still selling it though...

GigaRidley said:
Man, this is weird.
I just called the SEARS I called yesterday (the one that said they had it but it was sold out) just to check, and it turns out that they got another shipment today, but it was also sold out!
I hope the SEARS near me continues to be oblivious tomorrow so I can actually get the game if another shipment arrives. Strange that they are still selling it though...

High five, me too! Let's hope the Sears staff remain oblivious.

the 2 sears locations near me both said they never heard anything about this and their database says March 9th. he also said they are not even on hand that they should arrive via fed-ex on the 8th and WILL NOT be sold until the 9th

will someone please substantiate this? i want a pic of an english version or a full round gameplay video

i just called my sears yestureday. and they said they were sold out. I cant wait to see if i get it

I just called today, and they completely denied it saying that no Sears in the nation has it yet. I asked about hearing that some got it, and he told me it was just a strange/wild rumor.

amin204 said:
I just called today, and they completely denied it saying that no Sears in the nation has it yet. I asked about hearing that some got it, and he told me it was just a strange/wild rumor.
That Sears is probably right. I think this is a stupid rumor that someone started to get people to freak out. The Sears saying "sold out" probably means that they do not have copies yet.

Ooze33 said:
That Sears is probably right. I think this is a stupid rumor that someone started to get people to freak out. The Sears saying "sold out" probably means that they do not have copies yet.
This is not a rumor i know a friend that got a copy

TransAm317 said:

post a pic of game case/ disc/ book/ and receipt and ill eat my words but until then i call bullshit on all of you because i have since started calling sears all over ohio and in PA MI and IN all saying this is horribly untrue

i dont believe its a rumour, but what do i know about sears selling games. ive never seen it before. but judging by the employees, you can never really know it they put it out or not. For sure, all retailers have some of their shipments by now.

TransAm317 said:
I meant that the whole "every Sears is selling the game" rumor was fake. The "a few have sold them early" one I think is true.

Back