Second hand wii parental controls

hello1234567891

WiiChat Member
Mar 4, 2007
Hi,
I managed to get a second hand wii from game yesterday, but the stupid 1st owner put parental controls on:mad5: so now i can't change the internet settings:mad: i know you can call nintendo but they are only open monday to frinday.
does anyone know how to turn parental controls off??

you could try formatting it's memory or calling the seller and asking him for the code.

i tried formatting the memory but guess what parental controls stop it, and game don't keep a record of who trades in consoles and the phone numbers!

hello1234567891 said:
i tried formatting the memory but guess what parental controls stop it, and game don't keep a record of who trades in consoles and the phone numbers!
just take it back and get a refund:scared:

If you bought it from someone you must have their contact information. Whether it is their phone number of just email address im guessing that if you contacted them to buy it you can contact them again.

yea take it back and get a refund. It must suck to have parental controls on your wii

If your talking about gamestop. If they don't keep records then why do you have to give them all that info when you trade in?:confused:

i am not talking about gamestop i am talking about game (uk) www.game.co.uk
that game
i will take it back if tomorrow when i phone nintendo they can't help me

why cant nintendo help you? thats odd.... however maybe they think that youre a kid trying to unlock parental controllers that YOUR parents set up so they might be hesitent.

thats the only thing i can come up with for them not helping you. maybe if your parents call and let them know the situation? sometimes that can help.

however, i dont know UK laws but what everyones saying with US laws, with trade ins of anything there is always documented information on the person who traded it in and those who bought it. hopefuly the owner of the store can call the person who made the trade in and get the code just like everyone said here.

if not, then youre kinda stuck with what you got which really sucks :(

Umm... He CAN call Nintendo, as he said in his post, but only monday to friday.

Game are a bunch of dicks if they don't keep contact numbers/ID of those that trade in things with them. I'd be trading in games and things that don't work.

i phoned ninteno and because of the stupid f***ing data protection act they can't give me the master key to take the parental controls off:mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5:

Just try to guess the PW, there are only a few hundred combos to it!
try...
"other random genaric PWs"
Mines 1234, east to remember! =]
Hope everything works out!

I would take it back if I was you Thats dumb Nintendo should make a exception for this because I bet in the future this might become a big issue with used Wiis

I totaly agree. It will become a big issue. Or what they can do, is issue a mandatory system check on theyr sold Wiis. Make them change theyr Parental PWs to something that the company will know before they buy them from the consumer and give the number with the system. Can you change your Wii's nicnname? Im not sure...someone check for me plz! But if you can, then if wouldnt be a problem.

hello1234567891 said:

try going about it the other way around with nintendo maybe???
in the 'agreement' you agree to wipe the Wii if you ever decide to sell it... which in your case the previous owner didn't do. ask nintendo to see if they can contact them ( via their VIP account) to ask why they breached the terms!

Back