(see photo) Just got component cable. Did Nintendo need to put it in such a big box?

they package things like that in bigger boxes so that when they are in the stores they are not easy to walk out with.

Someone should really take screenshots of composite vs. component in 480i and post it - I have the TV to do it, but I don't know how I'd take a Screenshot other than using my digital camera.....

Inspire said:
Someone should really take screenshots of composite vs. component in 480i and post it - I have the TV to do it, but I don't know how I'd take a Screenshot other than using my digital camera.....

480p really makes a big difference. My Wii is connected to a Panasonic AX100 front projector. How do I take a picture to show the difference between 480i and 480p. I mouted my Canon G7 camera on a tripod and fired up the projector. Took a bunch of pictures in 480i and 480p mode... They don't come out right when I viewed the pictures on my monitor.(well, the pictures are alright, but it just doesn't highlight the difference between the two modes) I think it has to been seen with real human eyes.

SoupCamera said:
I believe you'll need to plug the audio into a Dolby ProLogic II a/v receiver to get the surround sound. I don't know of any TVs that can decode ProLogic II.

:)

ProLogic II is NOT true surround sound. Shame on Nintendo.

I just ordered my component cables from Nintendo Online. I probably won't see them for awhile though.

SoupCamera. I see you too own the Sony In-Ear 71's as well. They are definitely great sounding for the price... just alittle too much on the bottom end.

Last edited:
ABC said:
ProLogic II is NOT true surround sound. Shame on Nintendo.

I just ordered my component cables from Nintendo Online. I probably won't see them for awhile though.

SoupCamera. I see you too own the Sony In-Ear 71's as well. They are definitely great sounding for the price... just alittle too much on the bottom end.

ProLogic was a form of ancient surround sound... :yikes:
Sounded awful by today's standards. :D :

I lost those Sony in-ear headphone... only have the case.
Got the Sony MDR-EX90LP recently and they sound nice.
(by the way, the iPod in the photo is also not working...
it's only a small paperweight... I have a nano now. :) )

SoupCamera said:
ProLogic was a form of ancient surround sound... :yikes:
Sounded awful by today's standards. :D :

No, Pro Logic is a codec, not a form of true surround sond. It may try... but it falls SO short.

alocubano1110 said:
i have a 55 inch flat screen HD TV, you think the component cables will make a difference?

Of course... is it EDTV or HDTV? Post the model and I will help you out.

intekmdma said:
when did you order it? I'm still waiting on mine ><

I ordered mine from Nintendo... yesterday! Damn I am going to be waiting awhile huh?

Your telling me you bought a TV of that magnitude and don't even know what you have? Anyway, get the component cables ASAP. The Wii probably looks like MUD on that TV.

ABC said:
Your telling me you bought a TV of that magnitude and don't even know what you have? Anyway, get the component cables ASAP. The Wii probably looks like MUD on that TV.

haha it's my dad's tv. and yes i knew that it would probably look like crap on it. thanks

alocubano1110 said:
haha it's my dad's tv. and yes i knew that it would probably look like crap on it. thanks

No doubt. Now where's my complimentary cookie?

Back