Sega announces Wiixclusive fighter - Tournament of Legends

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
According to qj.net, SEGA has a new fighting game in the works.

Who do you think would win in a fight, the Minotaur or the Valkyrie? tri-Ace would tell you that it's the latter, but they have nothing to do with this new game. This one is from Sega and High Voltage Software, and it's a fighting game coming exclusively to the Wii. Introducing Tournament of Legends, the game that pits the characters of myth against each other in one grand tournament.

fiction.png
C'mon Sega, let's make this fight happen!
Tournament of Legends is bringing a unique concept to Wii” said Gary Knight, European Marketing Director at Sega Europe. “Facing off against these legendary characters is a powerful experience, while dual wielding the Wii Remote and Nunchuck makes arena fighting more intuitive and the face-off with your friends even more competitive!”

Sega hasn't announced what other "legends from world mythology" would be entering the tournament, but something tells it won't include Tooth Fairy vs. Easter Bunny in a climactic duel to the death. Still, a guy can only hope.

i wonder if it will be like Brawl.

tmnt smashup already copies brawl.

if it is i might get it.

sega already ripped off mario kart with all stars racing :p.

Sounds like a total pile of crap

Yea i have read this is HVS's new name for Gladiator AD...or whatever it was called.

@ Floydian

Because any cart racing game with a lovable, quirky cast of characters is TOTALY a rip-off of Mario Kart. >_>

Sonic Drift DID come out before Mario Kart, but no you're right, it's a rip-off too that managed to come out before the game it ripped off.

Anyway, on topic, I can't say I'm stoked for this but I'll be looking into it just in case it turns out to be at least descent. Though just a new Virtua Fighter for the Wii would've been nice.

Sonic Drift DID come out before Mario Kart, but no you're right, it's a rip-off too that managed to come out before the game it ripped off.

Sonic Drift came out in 1994, Super Mario Kart came out in 1992.

Edit: I think you were thinking of Power Drift which was an arcade game made by Sega in 1988. It featured buggy/kart kind of things with cartooney characters. While not exactly a kart game as we know them it did come out 4 years before Mario Kart and it would be likely that Sega based Sonic Drift from that.

I doubt Tournament Of Legends will do very well. We already have SBBB and just got Tatsunoko vs Capcom, plus there is the Wiiware Rage Of The Gladiator game that features mythical characters. If it had motion plus controls it could have set it apart but from what I've seen so far I'm not that impressed. Maybe it'll suprise us though.

Last edited:
Back