Sega just Bought the Rights for Dreamcast 2!

Someone out there pondered what an Apple-branded game console might look like, and whipped up a few mockups for the world to see.

Try reading your links next time :wink:

i dunno, I think it all boils down to innovation?
I know Sony and Microsoft entered the market Nintendo could of potentially become extinct, I don't know about Sega.
As for Apple they use to have a console called "Pip Pin" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Pippin
I never heard of it before, but its not gonna stop them from developing a games console, i mean they enetered the Phone market very well, considering entering something like the mobile phone/cell phone industry is risky money wise R&D wise etc, but they did it well did'nt they.

Dude those Dreamcast rumors are over a year old. And are such a joke. "Pics we found in our backyard". The dev-kit is an ancient PC with the Sega logo photoshopped on. The diagram mockup is a joke "Flash Memory"-'make flashier'...it aint gonna happen. Sega has pretty much been shooting itself in the foot lately with the titles its been releasing, so I cant imagine them having the spare cash to launch a new system...
Also why on earth would Apple make a games console? Their Macs hardly support games, letalone the company have a desire to make a standalone games machine... RUMORS, RUMORS, RUMORS

well sega said that they had no plans to release DC2, but they just renewed it for some reason idk why.

Yer but the Nitendo company has many, many assets. And I mean...there was also the DS which has probably still made more money than 360/PS3 combined....

Singhson said:
What you guys think of other up-coming games consoles, the only one i can think of right now is the one from "Apple" i thinks its gonna be called "I-Play", and do you think SEGA's got the muscle to really kick some ass in the industry again?

That news is new to me. iPlay? Where did you read that? Just curious, being a fan of Apple. Although they are probably going to take over the world in the next five years, I don't see a gaming system being very successful. But then again, it wouldn't surprise me. I could just imagine the capabilities especially with Sync. There are a limitless number of games you can play on Apple computers already though. With Windows Vista/XP through Boot Camp you can play any PC game. When Boot Camp was in beta, I installed Vista on my MacBook and played Civ IV just fine. In fact, it ran better on my Mac than on a brand new Dell. I won't go into PC specifics, the Dell wasn't exactly for gaming, but neither is a MacBook either. Needless to say, I took Vista off (it was from the Dell boot-up disc) mainly because I can't stand how Windows functions :mad2:. To me, Apple releasing a gaming system right now just doesn't make any sense. Wishful thinking, to perhaps Apple execs or "disciples", not so wishful thinking to the general public who are happy with their options in the market today.

I think Sega shouldn't dive into the console war either. Aren't they doing just fine with Nintendo? I was a big fan of Sega way back when, before Microsoft and Sony. I remember playing my Genesis just as much as my SNES. But, if Sega DOES release a console, do you think Nintendo characters would appear in Sega's platformers, i.e. Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games? I doubt it. Taking from my previous paragraph; our options in choices of gaming consoles are just fine the way they are; Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, PC/Mac, Mobile Games... I think any other company with enough nuggets to compete with that line-up is looking to get their asses spanked and finding their pockets very empty.

Back