SEGA Questions Wii's Longevity

I agree, mostly back then, it was T.V.s all by itself being popular!

But the popularity that gaming is getting is going to get even more intense, with more systems coming out by the #'s, no one knows the future gaming, but dam, if it was bright in the past, it dam well WILL BE brighter in the future!!!!

(By the way, i heard that Ken Kutaragi, and finally stepped, well stepped down i believe 2 months ago, but was actually still the pres. of Plastion untill this very day!)

Heres an article!

The "Father of the PlayStation" has officially departed from SCEI today, leaving behind a brilliant, yet tarnished legacy.
By Eugene Huang

Although his retirement was originally announced nearly two months in advance, Ken Kutaragi has officially stepped down today from his position as Chairman, Group CEO and Representative Director of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Just as we reported shortly after the initial announcement, SCEI's Kazuo Hirai will assume control of the company as both President and Group CEO.

Kutaragi has been known throughout his career at Sony as the "Father of the PlayStation", due to his invention of both the PlayStation console in 1994 and the PlayStation 2 in 2000. Both machines went on to become immense successes, catapulting SCEI into its dominant position as the industry leader in home console hardware.

However, Kutaragi may be more recently remembered over his failures linked with his bespeckled PlayStation 3 console, which has so far underperformed sales-wise due to a number of issues, including its high-end price tag and its current shortage of must-have software. In addition, increased pressure from its primary competitors, Microsoft and Nintendo, have caused the company to lose its grip on the majority market share it so comfortably held due to the dominance of the PS2.

Although Kutaragi no longer maintains his executive status, he will not completely part ways with the company, as he has agreed to stay on board as a special senior technology advisor to Sony Corp. Meanwhile, Kutaragi plans to be deeply involved with a number of side projects, which include the creation of PlayStations 4, 5, and 6. In previous interviews, Kutaragi has admitted that the "vision" of the next three consoles and how they will "merge into the network" have already been mapped out.

Does this sega guys opinion really matter....i mean look at the games sega has recently created for the systems WTF, Sonic on PS3 and XBOX 360 were trash, and Secret Rings wasnt even good IMO but it still got an ok rating from the game sites :p.
"Mario and Sonic Olympics" will probably be there hottest title coming out and thats on this so called Fed system. He apologized anyway after forums in Gspot flamed up.

O...wait i forgot they even got NightS coming out and from what I'v seen thats gonna be a hot game. dunno about Alien Syndrome though.

Last edited:
nights will be awsome, secret rings was good, sega might have a character or 2 on brawl, and sonic and mario olympics. on ps3 and 360 they only have like bad sonic, lost planet, and virtua fighter. those last 2 are okay but lost planet got boring and it wasnt amazing and virtua fighter didnt have online so it wasnt that great.

I'm not worried about the wii's longevity at all.
Considering what its done with the crap games out for it right now, and what it will do down the road.

Wicked booooogus!

Wrist action becoming derivitive and repetitive? The same can be said of any controller for any console! Or a PC keyboard.... Wicked weak argument on this one. It's also been my experience that folks love the WII who don't game otherwise. The repetitive wrist motions seem to be so intuitive that you don't need to be a gaming geek with 10 ywears experience to understand the controller!
Long live the WII!
PC gamer since 1981 (C64) never had or felt the need for a console till the WII got me excited with it's innovative intuitive controller.
4 Wiimotes, 2 nunchuk, 2 classic controllers
Tiger Woods, NFS:Carbon, Madden 07, Marble Madness, Zelda, Wii Play, Monster Truck World Circuit (all this is an indication that I make an obscene amount of money)

nothjing to be worried about...the wii is far from a gimmick. and didnt nintendo say they have a surprise abouthow powerful the wii really is? i for one think the wii is more powerful than we all think.

Warrior said:
nothjing to be worried about...the wii is far from a gimmick. and didnt nintendo say they have a surprise abouthow powerful the wii really is? i for one think the wii is more powerful than we all think.

The Wii specifications are easy to find. Sorry to disappoint but the Wii has no super saiyan power hidden inside. Its weak EOS

ciper said:
The Wii specifications are easy to find. Sorry to disappoint but the Wii has no super saiyan power hidden inside. Its weak EOS
no, the wii does have super saiyan power. mine sprung outrageous blonde anime hair last night, it was amazing.

Any Wii owner that bought it for graphics is a fool.

The motion controls will not get old, I have over 80 hours on Zelda slashing and spinning, I am so used to it, it comes as natural as mashing a button.

People always forget about the COST of the consoles themselves and the games, you GET what you PAY for. Old quote, it can be applied to this argument as well.

I do not understand the point of these types of ENDLESS arguments, everything has pros and cons. You can relate it into any industry, say trucks... like saying a Toyota Tacoma is better than a Ford F350 since it is cheaper and better on gas, but the 350 can tow more and has more horse power. Well pros and cons, but which one is better?! Well the only person buying the product can make that decision.

i thought sega was dead aside from a few copyrights. Is sega ever going to come out with another console or are they to dead?

Jaylar said:
i thought sega was dead aside from a few copyrights. Is sega ever going to come out with another console or are they to dead?

No hardware announcements at this point, but no, the company is not dead.

Back