Sega Saturn rumor

KPac511

WiiChat Member
Jan 13, 2007
http://www.rumorreporter.com/?p=142

I'm with anybody else who's thought the games would be way too big to download but according to this it might be happening. Just a rumor but still worth a little attention anyway. The only problem I'd have if it happened is it'd be skipping Sega CD. I want my f'n Jurassic Park!!!!

I don't know how big the games would be but the new Wii will have more internal memory. Maybe it will coincide with that. Might just mean keeping more stuff on a SD card. Or another possibility is that they would enable VC games to be played directly from a card.

The thing that I think keeps them from enabling playing directly of a card is that you could just trade SD cards with people. The way it's setup now is kinda like digital rights on purchased mp3s. Unless you have some kinda certificate in the system that says you've paid for X game, I'm not sure they'd do that. But either way I dunno what the hell I'm talking about anyway lol

It was rumored that Saturn emu wil be coming to ps3

Some how that seams wrong

At the moment Sony has few plans to focus on backwards compatibility with their PS1-2 games. In fact they are losing PS1 games to Microsoft. The 360 will get Castlevania SOTN soon! If Microsoft gets something like FF7, Sony's in deep crap.

It's a possibility to run games off the SD card. However I can't see Nintendo doing that. It will probably be based off owning the original game, like they did with GC games.

I'm assuming it'd have a lot to do with video content. Just a guess. I mean between N64 and just Sega CD, the graphics are better for N64 games, but Sega CD games can be bigger cuz of the video. Don't take that as gospel though, I'm just goin from memory.

this makes me want to get my saturn out of the box and play some MK3 for a few hours... but some jackass I lived with stole the AV cord.

Blue said:
How big would a saturn game file be vs an n64 game file?

The avaridge cd is 700mb
But it could be compressed down
Some games are muliti disc (panzer dragoon sag is four)

It could be possible if they actually make the external hard drive.
but can't you already use one through the USB ports? and save like you would with the SD?

They should do what they did with their SNES games back in the day: Put the special Nintendo seal on their products.
What I'm saying is, Nintendo should take the SD cards, and make it into it's own, Nintendo-only thing, that will only work on a Wii-and you could trade them. What's wrong with being able to trade with friends? You already do it with your $50 games. I think it would be cool to be able to trade VC games from an SD card.

Back