Sega Virtual Console titles not compatible with GC controllers

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
According to the information on the official Nintendo.com Wii game pages, the Sega Genesis Virtual Console is only compatible with the Classic Controller.

The other Virtual Consoles all list support for the Gamecube and in some cases the Wii remote.

Nintendo have said in the past that, "all virtual console games can be played using the Classic Controller or Nintendo GameCube pads," However this newly uncovered information is in-keeping with the Wii manual which states "some Virtual Console games can only be played with a Classic Controller."

Nintendo.com

Source: Joystiq

D Twizzle said:
Makes sense, the D Pad on the Cube is tiny.

Tiny and out of place for use with SNES games... I like the classic controller it allows for going back and playing SNES games like they were which I thought were godly after having a NES for so long...

Heheh "osnic" heh... anyway Classic pad is cool for me but what I really want to know is will you get a 1000point card or something with the Wii to try it out with one or two games first?

The 2000p card costs quite much here in Finland so I don't want to buy it and then find out that the VC games are all crap.

Back