Wii Online Code
8041-7231-3447-6164
I'm as shocked as you

Its a new Sega console
But it plays Game gear games (no cart slot)(SD cards thow)​

I was looking in the cash converters site (second hand stuff) and found it​

Info it virtually nonexistent (its not on the wiki)​

I have got one on the way so ill give you the full low down on what its like​
(ill also be looking into the homebrew part)

(I got it for Forty quid)

Edit :
Here are pics (thumbnails)
I put it next to the DS for comparison

The box (dynamic camera angle)

First impressions
It looks OK
The d-pad looks like its riped of a ds
TV out cable (wow play sega games on my TV)
Battery case has a screw on it (could be a prob)
Its light
It seems OK but a longer play test will tell if its worth getting or not

Edit Edit :
Found this on the Dcemu site
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/archive/index.php/t-20420.html
Lavod Corporation has announced that it has a pair of MP3 players ideally suited to those of you who feel no need to distinguish between serviettes and toilet paper.

Indeed, the PocketPlay 320 and 350 are designed to appeal to fans of combining things, offering as they do the opportunity to listen to music (in the 350's case, WMAs as well as MP3s) and play 8-bit Sega games on their 2.4-inch TFT displays.

As you can see from the picture both are dinky little devices but, rather as you do when you reach for Bounty-the-stronger-soaker-upper following the expenditure of Andrex, once you cross purposes you will discover surprising depth to the proposition. (Metaphorically speaking, they'd certainly block the loo.)

That's because the 320 offers 20 Sega games and the 350 offers 10. These include the likes of Sonic Chaos, Ecco the Dolphin, Sonic Spinball, Columns and Fantasy Zone. Both have TV outputs too, so they're practically consoles. The 350 also features an SD Card slot and a USB 2.0 port.

Lavod's press release doesn't mention pricing, but apparently both will be available from various distributors in Germany, Switzerland and Austria from April, so you might be able to track them down through grey importers.

Or, if you actually do harbour some misplaced desire to scratch a retro itch and you're not just reading this far to see if I can do any more crap jokes, you could just buy one of the many Sega compilations for your existing consoles instead. Since they will almost certainly be cheaper and better.

You won't be able to play them on the loo, obviously, but then not everything you do in the lounge or kitchen has to be, does it?

Last edited:
So this thing actualy exists? That is some wack junk man. When did this thing come out?

Coming on like a retro version of the Sony PSP, the Pocket Pad from Alpha Plus puts 1GB worth of tunes at your disposal, along with a slew of Sega classics
Link in the picture comes to this site: http://stuff.tv/news/id-1647/default.aspx
It's basically an MP3 player that also plays games - including old Sega ones, though it is not made by Sega, but a company called Alpha Plus.

nice find. but it does look a lot like a bit of "pokerey fakerey" has been done. this is the first time i have seen this thing so i am guessing that it is rare if its true.

Are you serious Dark? This is wonderfull! If it truly exists, "which I kinda doubt" I will seriously buy it! Im a SEGA fan like you. I know you want it too...

Squall7 said:
Link in the picture comes to this site: http://stuff.tv/news/id-1647/default.aspx
It's basically an MP3 player that also plays games

So its like the PS3

But think of the possibility's of home brew
A game gear with battrey life

Tails McCloud~ said:
Are you serious Dark? This is wonderfull! If it truly exists, "which I kinda doubt" I will seriously buy it! Im a SEGA fan like you. I know you want it too...

Did you read my first post
Im waiting for the delivery (then ill take a pic of it to prove it)

Last edited:
Yeah, I cant seem to find a Game Gear outside of eBay... I want this thing dam it! Dont lie to me Dark, is it real?

It doesn't even say it's a Sega console in the article, it say it's made by some company called Alpha Plus.

Back