Sell or Keep?

morg.ferge

WiiChat Member
Dec 2, 2006
Thornhill, Toronto, Ontario
Now, I, like most people here never questioned selling the Wii that I'm going to camp out to get (until recently!).

But after looking online at Ebay auctions, it really makes me wonder: should I sell it? A Wii with tax will be $314 canadian dollars. One just sold on Ebay for $885. That's almost a 300% profit! $571!

So do I really value the next month of playing my Wii at $571? I really don't know. Why not sell it now, make $500, and then just buy one in the new year, when they're available?

Hmm...

to be honest I have put my Wii up on ebay... with Zelda, WiiPlay,Red Steel (and obviously wii sports)

with an 2 controlelrs & nunchuks...

I've set it up so the first bid puts me in profit & the buy it now is higher still... (£500)

I'm hoping it doesn't sell as I enjoy playing it... but I'm not stupid... if somebody buys it now for £500 that means I get free games when I purchase another & also 2 more controllers/nunchuks...

I'm enjoying playing it... but I can hold out for a month if it sells or even less as nintendo are working hard to get wii's all over :)

if it doesn't sell i've just used up £5 on ebay... oh well... I will own a Wii either way...

I figured if someone wnats it really bad for their kid they will buy it...

TheRook

morg.ferge said:
Now, I, like most people here never questioned selling the Wii that I'm going to camp out to get (until recently!).

But after looking online at Ebay auctions, it really makes me wonder: should I sell it? A Wii with tax will be $314 canadian dollars. One just sold on Ebay for $885. That's almost a 300% profit! $571!

So do I really value the next month of playing my Wii at $571? I really don't know. Why not sell it now, make $500, and then just buy one in the new year, when they're available?

Hmm...
There's a lot of scam auctions for Wii and PS3 right now...and they are attracting scam bidders. By the time you actually get a Wii and post the auction, there will be less than 1 week before Christmas. Your auction would need to be a 1-day auction with a Buy-it-Now. That knocks off one day. It might take another day to receive payment and exchange info. In order for them to receive it by Christmas, you'd have to ship it overnight express. That's an added expense that you'll need to post in the auction description.

There's not enough time to do an auction the "right way". You'll find yourself rushing and potentially getting scammed for the payment. (PayPal payment then reversal)

You'd probably end up with an oddball bidder who will demand a refund and return if the Wii doesn't arrive in time for Christmas.

Sorry, but the potential winfall is not worth the hassle. But hey, if you want to try to sell it to someone camping out who DIDN'T get one for a quick few $100 profit, that's a different story.

Not to mention the average price of Wii's and Ps3 on eBay is falling rapidly.

Back