Selling a Gift? (Wii Game)

toggle

WiiChat Member
Nov 21, 2006
Hey,

I was given Marvel: Ultimate Alliance as a christmas present earlier on this year. The thing is, I played it but I really, really dislike it.

The problem is, is it morally wrong for me to part exchange this game? I am worried the person who bought me it will find out and be upset. Thing is I never play it and would much prefer part exchanging it to get £15/£20 off my next purchase.

There are a few Wii games that I still would consider buying or resident evil 4 as I have never played it.

What would you do?

If it were a Christmas present then I would keep it even if you dont like it. Its the thought that they bought you the game that counts, and to me thats all the matters. But if it were a present other on Christmas, then screw them!

If they even say anything, just tell them you beat it. Who wouldn't understand that you beat a game?

just tell them. the game cd cracked or it broke. ;)...or even better... tell them someone stole it..lol..

You shouldnt lie to your family members or friends. Cause then your stuck into a lie forever. Say that friend buys the game also.... and he passes it. He then starts to ask you questions about the storyline/plot and then your screwed.

And if you told them someone stole it they would ask "How did they enter the house when the house alarm is on and no door/window seems to be broke?" Then once again you are screwed.

If you beat it, you've gotten all you can out of it. I see no problem trading it for something else.

And thats why I have allways got my own games

In Denmark if you get a gift or something you don't like, or know you won't like, then you tell whoever gave it to you and they understand. No one gets hurt.
Anyway, game-"taste" varies a lot from person to person. It's hard getting a game that you KNOW someone will like.

Back