wongasta

WiiChat Member
Dec 12, 2006
i'm selling my wii to a friend for 220 dollars, here's wut it includes

wii and all accessories come along with it
1 remote 1 nunchuck
zelda
dbz budokai tenkaichi 2

few people are interested in buying it, but i dont know if im making this a bad deal or really good deal for them. i want just the right price to sell the wii. please no ebay, im tired of using ebay and shipping is a hassle.

for people who are interested why im selling the wii is because simply its boring. it was fun for 2 weeks then i never touched my wii again. i lend it to a friend for few weeks because i dont even touch it. now dust is at least 2cm above the wii. occasionally one friend come over and scream "OOOO WIIII" but thats it. plus waving the controller around make me loot like an idiot. for now, i think ill go back to pc gaming, consoles is still the same old over the past few years. with the new hype over halo 3, i might try that game out, maybe buy 360. however, for now im going back to good old pc gaming. im looking forward to Orange Box and Quake Wars. computer gaming is cheaper anyway, maybe not so much with hardware update, but oh well.

First of all, I can understand that nobody wants to "loot" like an idiot.

I would say keep the wii, good games are coming out... But it seems like you've made up your mind.

New, everything together would cost about 330$
I think 20% off would be 264$
Round down to 250$, sounds like a fair price...
Assuming everything is in great shape.

XBOX 360 has good games but the console is very unreliable, you will end up sending your console to service for repairs sooner or later.

PS3, Sony will drop down the price on November to $399 (40 GB) version. They have good games too

Wii will have great games coming on November and further on.

You should keep your wii, or sell it and get a PS3 when the price drop occurs next month. Avoid 360 like a plague (too unreliable)

thanks for the replies. i think ill stay off console from now on... i was huge fan of SNES, but after that i got into PC gaming. 250 sounds like a good price. although i have said wii is boring, i have to admit it is a revolutionary process. i was filled with joy when i first waved my remote, but afterwards it is too predictable. i was thinking more of throwing the spirit bomb or punching and kicking people for dbz.

why would you want to sell your wii (unless you have two :) ) And no way i would ever help you!

Psst...Ebay helps

I can not offer advices, I can't even offer you advice.
Just sell your Wii, who cares about the deal.
It was your fault for buying something you didn't end up wanting.
My real advice is give it to him for free.

CantGetAWii said:
I can not offer advices, I can't even offer you advice.
Just sell your Wii, who cares about the deal.
It was your fault for buying something you didn't end up wanting.
My real advice is give it to him for free.

:lol: ur joking right?

wongasta said:

1 remote 1 nunchuck
zelda
dbz budokai tenkaichi 2

few people are interested in buying it, but i dont know if im making this a bad deal or really good deal for them. i want just the right price to sell the wii. please no ebay, im tired of using ebay and shipping is a hassle.

for people who are interested why im selling the wii is because simply its boring. it was fun for 2 weeks then i never touched my wii again. i lend it to a friend for few weeks because i dont even touch it. now dust is at least 2cm above the wii. occasionally one friend come over and scream "OOOO WIIII" but thats it. plus waving the controller around make me loot like an idiot. for now, i think ill go back to pc gaming, consoles is still the same old over the past few years. with the new hype over halo 3, i might try that game out, maybe buy 360. however, for now im going back to good old pc gaming. im looking forward to Orange Box and Quake Wars. computer gaming is cheaper anyway, maybe not so much with hardware update, but oh well.
Yo! whatever floats your boat dude! But anyway, that deal is good, a slightly used Wii plus a controller and 2 Games!!! You pretty much have everything but the kitchen sink.

I wouldn't waste my money on Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, The new Unreal Tournament looks so much better. Plus the 360 is awesome, just as good as PC gaming.

wongasta said:

1 remote 1 nunchuck
zelda
dbz budokai tenkaichi 2

when did you buy it becuase if it was like 3-6 months ago then its only worth 100-130 because its used, scratched, firmwared updated, game save, has many mii's, has a shop channel account, has friend number, wii's hardrive has name, and some other reasons. I could buy it off of you for 100 to be fair.

I don't know why you would want to sell your wii ether but ETQW is freakin awesome!! I can't say the same about UT3 because my pc cant really play it that well so I don't really know I like 2k4 better i guess but I'll wait to play it on a good pc before I make my final decision.

dude ur lucky u have a wii, i wasnt interested at first but now with the great games coming out, i want one pretty bad. im trying to find a place where they have them in stock

Its very surprising you can't sell a good working Wii. I mean you have to discount compared to a new one, but people are paying premiums of 50+ bucks for a new one.

Where do you live? Unless it's in the middle of nowhere, in most big cities craigslist is pretty active with Wiis and they go very well. You should be able to get 250 for the console and maybe 1/2 or 2/3 MSRP for the accessories. you do the math.

Obviously, the console is worth more because they're hard to find, but accessories are readily available so people need a decent discount.

It's your decision, but I do have to say one thing:

If you are/were into PC gaming, I really can't see you buying a 360 just because of the prospect of a First Person Shooter in the form of Halo 3. Blasphemy for a PC gamer! :crazy:. PC will always have the best of the FPS genre. I think you need a much better reason before you buy a 360...especially given its track record with hardware failures and all (estimated 33% of all 360s are expected to have at least one failure).

Nonetheless, $220 is ok, I'd try to go for $250. It is, after all, still difficult to find in many areas. I'm not sure if you gave the console much of a chance, though. Zelda doesn't have that much replay value, and DBZ is a mediocre fighting game; it's expected that you got tired of your wii after only a couple/few months.

plus waving the controller around make me loot like an idiot.
I absolutely hate it when people use that argument. It's fine if you just said [later] that it felt "too predictable," but when people say they "look like an idiot," they sound way too superficial. If you're having fun with the motion controls, then stop the dang complaining with what it looks like. If you don't think the "waving" is fun (do you really ever have to seriously "wave" it? Games only require simple flicks), then fine, the argument is far more understandable.

Honestly, the only time the Wii controls look absolutely ridiculous is in the actual TV commercials, but that's not how everyone plays. I kinda wanna punch the directors of those commercials. Yeah, I'm just angry today. Dang cheesy, smiling, happy families...

Last edited:
highroller said:
XBOX 360 has good games but the console is very unreliable, you will end up sending your console to service for repairs sooner or later.

PS3, Sony will drop down the price on November to $399 (40 GB) version. They have good games too

Wii will have great games coming on November and further on.

You should keep your wii, or sell it and get a PS3 when the price drop occurs next month. Avoid 360 like a plague (too unreliable)
You do know they replace 360s for free right? Guess not...
My Wii was boring also, but my X-Box reigns supreme over any PC.

Back