sending emails back and forth

pogohead

WiiChat Member
May 18, 2007
I sent myself an email to see if it worked. I got a message on my hotmail account saying my Wii had been in touch and if it was ok to reply to it. I've done so but I've got nothing through on my Wii and I still can't email myself properly (or the wife).

Have I not set something up right?

pogohead said:
I sent myself an email to see if it worked. I got a message on my hotmail account saying my Wii had been in touch and if it was ok to reply to it. I've done so but I've got nothing through on my Wii and I still can't email myself properly (or the wife).

Have I not set something up right?

i've only emailed my Wii (lol that sounds gross!!) once to get the blue
light to stay on around the disk slot, but do recall it taking ages for
the email to come through.

it could be that the nintendo mail server is a tad slow?

if it's gone to your hotmail account it sounds like it's working ok.

FR3344LL said:
i've only emailed my Wii once to get the blue
light to stay on around the disk slot
Did the blue light stay on?

ETA after reading your reply: ah okay, never mind. I knew the light would go out eventually. Looks cool I know. :D

Last edited:
I sent one to my wifes email address, replied from it and it worked so I think it just doesn't like mine.

When it received the light did stay on though ;)

Does your disk slot re-light (assuming you haven't read the message) if you power off the wii from the mains then switch it back on?
With mine, the light comes on but soon as I switch on my wii (if it was in standby mode when the message was received) or I go back to Wii Menu (if in the middle of a game or something), the light goes off as if I've read the message but I haven't even gone into the mail section :shocked:

It has stayed on longer though the 1st few times I tried it, but now it just goes off once the above conditions are met :wtf:

Also I found that with my old modem it took awhile for emails to go back n forth, but now I've got my new Livebox the messages are quick. I was shocked myself, so its down to your net connection :shocked:

Does your disk slot re-light (assuming you haven't read the message) if you power off the wii from the mains then switch it back on?

i can't remember to be honest.

it stayed on (i think) until ai accessed the Wii "dashboard" and as soon as
i selected a game or whatever, i'm sure the light went off.

shame really as it looks quite cool.

Back