sensor bar is acting up

gamerboy12

WiiChat Member
Apr 18, 2009
hey my sensor bar started acting up today. like when im not moving the remote the thing on the screen will continue to move around and when i do move it it starts tweaking out lol i havent had a problem with it before anyone know what might be wrong? so far ive just tried cleaning the dust off and moving it around and moving father away from the tv which helps a little bit but i move like 2 times farther then i normally have to

is there any lighting on the area? sunlight? fireplace/candles? it sounds like natural IR are interfering.

it could also be reflections from chrome or shiny items near the sesorbar or even a couple feet away from it.

open up the senor bar menu on the wii, and see if you see more than 2 lights.
aim the wiimote beyond the whole perimeter of those two lights and see if you find stray lights/refelctions.

depending on the source, you could find it only to give you grief in certain times of the day.

good luck!

See if its dusty in any way and maybe clean it off to get rid of the fingerprints/ hand goo
2.gif

i mighta been the sun because now the sun isnt in on the sensor bar and it hasnt been acting up thanks =]

Back