Sensor Bar Location

diicaptI3

WiiChat Member
Dec 12, 2006
Massachusetts
Wii Online Code
6372-7668-5808-0112
Just wondering if there is any advantage to using the little stand thing for the sensor bar? Also, is there any difference between setting the bar at the bottom or top of the tv -- what is the appropriate height for the sensor bar?

personally the best place is to but it at the bottom, cause when the bar is at the top of the T.V your aimer on some game, or the finger thingy(pointer) seems to be jiggling like crazy, when its at the bottom of the you can be more relaxed

Im 6 feet 1 inch and its at the perfect place for the sensor bar for me. so if your extremely tall then well you might want it at the top of the tv
but other tahn that its isn't that great at the top

it depends on what tv you have.... i have a console tv so i can't put it on a tv stand so i put the sensor bar on top....but if your tv is on a stand then the sensor bar would be best on bottom

The little sensor bar stand is meant for when objects come between the sensor and the wiimote. For example, if the sensor bar is on your tv, the top of the TV may block the signal when your wiimote is below the tv and pointing up towards the sensor. Using the stand just raises it off the surface a bit for better detection at lower angles.

I figure the placement just depends on how you play your Wii. Like, it's best to have it on top if your going to be standing more, because you're at a higher angle. But if you plan on sitting for your gaming, put it at the bottom. Its all about making it easy for the wiimote to communicate to it. And it can always be changed relatively quickly so it's no big deal where you put it.

The top of my tv+tv stands height is about 3'11(of course from the floor) so where should I put the sensor bar when I get my Wii because I think if I put it lower than my TV it wouldn't be good seein as how the TV+stand goes to about my waist?

E-Roc2010 said:
The top of my tv+tv stands height is about 3'11(of course from the floor) so where should I put the sensor bar when I get my Wii because I think if I put it lower than my TV it wouldn't be good seein as how the TV+stand goes to about my waist?
my console tv is about that high and i have the sensor bar on top and i have no problem with it so i guess you should too

I'm 6'5''.. even with the Wii bar on top I have problems throwing low punches in Wii boxing :p

Raij said:
I'm 6'5''.. even with the Wii bar on top I have problems throwing low punches in Wii boxing :p

tsc tsc tsc

interesting.... since wii sports actually doesn't use the sensor bar on the game play

its bluetooth technology man... don't believe me ?
once you've enter on the game (using the pointer), disconnect the sensor bar and enjoy your wii sports

Mines on top as I didn't want the wire spoilng my neat set up.

I heard the stand makes the bar more senstive to movement but I don't like the look of it with the big gaping hole between my tv and bar so I may just mount it straihgt on again.

I like clean flowing ines.

philmottin said:
tsc tsc tsc

interesting.... since wii sports actually doesn't use the sensor bar on the game play

its bluetooth technology man... don't believe me ?
once you've enter on the game (using the pointer), disconnect the sensor bar and enjoy your wii sports

I guess I have problems throwing low punches for other reasons then :wtf:

Back