Sensor Bar Settings

umrutty

WiiChat Member
Jan 24, 2007
2 Questions.

When adjusting the sensitivity of the sensor bar, what exactly are you doing. whats the difference between 1 & 5? the wii says there should be only 2 blinking lights. how fast should they be blinking? does any of it depend on how far away from the sensor bar you are?

theres a light on the cieling behind my tv and to the left. when adjusting the sensitivity of the sensor bar, if the light is on, the upper left hand corner of the screen displays a large white circle in addition to the 2 smaller circles that represent the controller. if the light is off, the larger circle goes away. can anyone explain how/why thats happening?

if you have a light behind the tv it can interfer with the IR reciever (and therefore mess up your pointer..)

its not the sensitivity you need to change, you would probably be better using the sensor bar below the tv, so the wii remote isnt pointing close to the light itself...

From experimenting with the settings, i'm guessing that ur not changing the sensitivity of the sensor bar, but of the wii remote itself. If I turn it up to 4/5 it actually picks up sunlight showing through the curtains of my window, showing about 30 dots on the screen, and if accepted, the cursor goes crazy! You need to adjust the setting so only the 2 lights from the sensor bar are seen on the screen, but remember if u set it too low, u may have problems with playing at any distance, as the sensitivity will be low.

Back