Sensor bar wire

Dr.Trots

WiiChat Member
Dec 16, 2006
Is it just me or is the wire that connects to the Wii, from the Sensor bar, frighteningly cheap feeling?

Is there/will there be any replaceable sensor bars with a bit more ompf in the wire? Not that mine is broken, but I'd hate for something to happen to it, like if my Wii falls off the side and the wire gets caught and snaps. I feel as though it could snap with ease.

It is a bit flimsy
Its made by the EVIL side of Nintendo

re: sensor bar

I hope they do make a replacement, definately is on the cheap side of things.

Either the wire cld just pop out of the sensor bar or the bar gets knocked off the tv and breaks hitting the floor.

Wii Sensor Bar

how do you now which wire to put onto the positive of the battery because if it is the wrong way round wont the sensorbar short circuit.
thanks

Mad_Maz said:
how do you now which wire to put onto the positive of the battery because if it is the wrong way round wont the sensorbar short circuit.
thanks

I'd assume they are color coded.

Dr.Trots said:
Is it just me or is the wire that connects to the Wii, from the Sensor bar, frighteningly cheap feeling?

Actually, it is.

I guess when I originally set up the Wii, the sensor bar wire was resting on a warm surface and it seems to have melted. What's really weird, though, is the "wire" inside looks like a thick piece of string. I'm not stupid enough to cut through it, but it has me wondering...

I haven't experienced any problems with the Wii or Sensor Bar itself since the outer part of the wire melted.

The wire inside the sensor bar wire is enameled with a paper and string "shielding" and I assume the string adds to the strength because you'd have to break the string to break the cord. I cut mine and spliced into it because my Wii is in my home theater equipment rack which is 30 feet from my screen.

Back