Sensor Bar Wiring

peewii

WiiChat Member
Dec 3, 2006
south carolina
Wii Online Code
0503-5246-9878-7605
When i woke up this morning a mouse had chewed threw my wire to the sensor bar and i tried to wire back together but it still wasn,t working does anyone know how I can fix this or if it's even possible? thx

You can order a new one for pretty cheap on Nintendo's Site.

Or use two candles where the sensor bars are suppose to be and itll work just the same until you can Order a new one or possibly fix it.

get a new one or do the candle thing as pointed above

also you shud call a pest control or sommit to sort out the mouse

I tried the two candles they where short though maybe i just need different ones...

yep order a new one and use candles until you get a new one.

The sensor bar has ten infrared LEDs, with five LEDs being arranged at each end of the bar. Candles give off the same infared light as the LEDs, so just set up the candles about 20cm away from eachother.

All the sensor bar does is give the wiimote a reference point, all the sensing is done in the wiimote.

Here's a video for reference.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/v/MXmBx1AeHMs[/MEDIA]

Buy a wire stripping/crimping tool, strip the wire down, rat-tail splice it, and crimp a connector on. I don't know what gauge the wires are and how many there are, though, so I don't know how difficult it'd be - can't be too hard though.

go to radio shack buy 4 led lights put them on a bar solder them in 2 on one end 2 on the other end add a battery pack... tada.. wireless sensor bar.. wish there was some way to do a 4 point instead of 2 point system.. dont know why nintendo didnt do that... just toss one light in each corner of the t.v. and center it in the.. umm center of whatever size t.v. you have.. im gonna mess with it using the idea above but i hate the above/below setup nintendo has now.. it works sure but not the best setup...

Yep, any heat source will work. The sensor bar is nothing but a series of 10 IR LEDs and the cord does nothing but proved them with power.

I think they should make it wirless with less batterie draining power just to light a few little leds. You don't need that long cord for powering leds with a little voltage! It is crazy i say CRAZY!

There are plenty of guides on the internet that show you how to make your own.
All you really need are a few IR LEDs, a battery, some wires, and a soldering gun.

Fixing the cable should be pretty easy, but remember that since these are LED's it powers, the cables need to be hooked up in the right direction. I don't believe the bars cord has any identifying marks on it, so you might just have it backwards.

standard light bulbs you can put the current in the opposite direction, but not with LED's.

PS - I don't know if the wii has fault tolerance for a cable being in backwards, be careful not to fry it

Back