sensor bar

rmsounds1976

WiiChat Member
Mar 16, 2007
michigan
My rabbitt bit through my sensor bar cord now it dont work. I tried to splice the wires together but that dont work for some reason?? WHY NOT?? its just like anyother peice of equipment rite?? if the wires are touching the correct wires they should make the connection and owrk rite?? why dont it work? This sucks:mad5:

rmsounds1976 said:
My rabbitt bit through my sensor bar cord now it dont work. I tried to splice the wires together but that dont work for some reason?? WHY NOT?? its just like anyother peice of equipment rite?? if the wires are touching the correct wires they should make the connection and owrk rite?? why dont it work? This sucks:mad5:

Are you connecting the correct wires together? you might have them screwed around.

Ya they are the correct ones. I tried it everywitch way. Im going crazy. My kids are gonna freak out in the morning when they can not play it. We only play it on weekends.

There's 3rd party sensors which I've heard are way better than the stock ones. So maybe you should just get one of these.

Contact nintendo - Im sure they'll help (Though it was self Damaged]
Still ask them you never know.
All I can say is Bad Rabbit?
Apparently you can use 2 TeaCandles but you'd have to research on that xD

ya I did not mention I live in the sticks of Northern Michigan. All we have for a mall is Wal-mart. Thats it. Plus I got to drive 45 miles one way to get there. They dont sell the replacement sensor bars at the stors yet up here. I called nintendo and they only cost ten dollars plus shipping. I guess Ill have to do that way to get it fixed. I just thought you guys knew how to problem solve and have ran into stuff like this before.

You could use the candles, as someone already said, or you could just build your own homemade wireless sensor bar (there was a thread about it so you could search for it, but it basically consits of 4 infrared bulbs, two per side, welded to a base and connected to some batteries)

Last edited:
so I guess no one has ever got there sensor wire cut and tried to fix it. Help me out people. Im no gonna make my own.
WHY dont it wour when you splice the two wires toghther??

yeah i saw a video about the Candles thingy.. can someone explain to me whats it about (couldnt see the video that good due to the lighting) all i saw was just candles litted up o_O

just find 2 light sources, I used to use the can lights in my celing in my basement, given I couldn't play any games that required 100% pointing, but I could browse the menu and access what i needed to, I used my can lights because something similar happened to me, my cats got to my wire, luckily they only removed the wire casing, so the + and - leads didn't touch and did not disconnect from each other, so I just plugged mine back in and it worked, I just don't let my cats downstairs, well, at this given time I am, but i'm keeping a close eye on them, I am now in the progress of making my own sensor bar (read sig), but still need the proper resistance, but you could always use 2 tea candles, 2 lamps, if you happen to have 2 frasnells laying around (stage lighting, pronounced franells), those would work the best, the smaller the better, but I don't think you would have any of those (they do make small personal frasnell like lamps that you can get), even 2 flashlights would work, you can also try getting a nyko wireless sensor bar, so any source of light you can get a hold on that can be focused to around the television that the Wii-mote can pick up

Other people were having problems with splicing the sensor bar wires, I think because the wire is so thin, there isn't enough wire inside to create a strong connection, but I am also puzzled why it didn't work

Hey I Have Your Solution!!!

rmsounds1976 said:
so I guess no one has ever got there sensor wire cut and tried to fix it. Help me out people. Im no gonna make my own.
WHY dont it wour when you splice the two wires toghther??

ok its your lucky day my daschound jus chewed through my sensor bar wire... they are just like regualr wires but they have a plastic coating on them...(the red and the copper colors) jus take a lighter and hold fire to the new ends to be joined and melt off the coating and scrape off the residue with your fingernail or something... i literally just got done repairing mine i remembered reading your problem earlier so i thought i would help ya out!

You could, buy a new one from a Nintendo Website, buy a thrid party one or, you could just use some Candles.

There's another thread on using candles in place of the Sensor Bar, search it. Plus, candles are pretty cheap, but you may light the house on fire, but oh well!:confused:

OK stupid question How do the candles connect to the Wii?? All the sensor bar is like your TV remote sensor it needs to be connected to the power source to receive the signal. Am I wrong?? What the heck does two or three lights have to do with any thing. I was trying most of the do it your self ways and nothing works. This must be just one of those things you tell stupid people to do so you can get a laugh. Got Me. Good one. Thanks

All the sensor bar does is send out IR light waves which the Wiimote sees and sends the data to the Wii through BlueTooth. The only reason the sensor bar is hooked to the Wii is to give it power, no data is actually transfered between the two. Maybe you could try hooking the wires up to a battery?

Back