sensor problems, maybe bad wii?

adam8767

WiiChat Member
Nov 19, 2006
just openened the wii. turn it on to the press A button screen. press a, nothing. the lights on the bottom of the controller are all flashing, nothing workings at all. open a different controller, same thing. awesome!

y is that awesome if it isnt working. if thats what you mean. try to move the sensor bar around

sarcastic. and i know about the sensor bar moving, i played with everything for awhile and its still not working. I have been in electronics for 7 years at best buy. i know how to troubleshoot some stuff :)

Wait...if you mean when you push the 'A' button nothing happens then it can't be the sensor bar, the buttons work through bluetooth to the console (like in excite truck when the controller is not pointing at the sensor but the buttons still work) so it can't be that.

What happened to syncing the controllers? Did you do that? Perhaps this is why and the Wii simply isn't picking up the signal...and are there batteries in the controller ;)?

yea, neither controllers work. i know about te syncing. but the controller that came in the box is syned at the manufacture. it should be working right out of the box. and yes, the batteries are in it, thats why the blue lights are flashing at the bottom of the controller.

Agreed, try syncing. I believe all the lights flashing on the bottom is the controlers way of saying, Hey I'm not talking to the Wii right now, sometime is wrong or I need more time to establish the connection. For me, I had to press A a few times to get them talking to each other. If you're using the controler that came with the wii then you do not need to sync it, it's already synced when it was at the factory. Just press A a few times and eventually it will change from four lights to one light, and then you should be in business.

adam8767 said:
yea, neither controllers work. i know about te syncing. but the controller that came in the box is syned at the manufacture. it should be working right out of the box. and yes, the batteries are in it, thats why the blue lights are flashing at the bottom of the controller.
...Idiot...

READ THE MANUAL.

Synced right out of the box? Dude, don't plug in your Wii and expect everything to work on it's own. Read the frikkin' manual, for ****s sake.

((Sorry, but someone just had to say it.)) <--- Becoming my catch phrase

Whoa, alittle edgy there Kumorukin? :lol: So adam did you get it working yet?

Kumoriken said:
...Idiot...

READ THE MANUAL.

Synced right out of the box? Dude, don't plug in your Wii and expect everything to work on it's own. Read the frikkin' manual, for ****s sake.

((Sorry, but someone just had to say it.)) <--- Becoming my catch phrase

LOL, if you did read the manual it says the controller that COMES with the wii will already come pre-synced, you just need to sync any additional controllers.

Exactly, the controller in the box worked right out of the box for me. I didn't do any syncing or anything. It just worked.

BlightedArt said:
If the lights flash on the Wii mote, doesn't that mean the battery is about to die?

I seriously doubt that, seeing as every time it enters the screen-burn in protection mode of dimming the screen and powering down the controler after not touching it for about 5 mins, when you go to use the controller again all the lights flash at the bottom untill it re-establishes communication to the console again. It just takes a second or two and it does it to keep the battery in the wii-mote lasting longer I'm sure.

Back