September 14th - 15th - All will be revealed

Found this:

I don’t normally like to take rumors from message boards, but considering how plausible it sounds, what the hell. According to this dude named Dexterity on the MacRumors forums (yeah, I don’t know why a Mac guy knows about the Wii, but whatever), the online beta testing of the Wii will take place from Sept. 18 to Oct. 23. He says the testing will cover the “Wii Connect 24, the Virtual Console and ‘other’ online features.”

I’m sure this guy is just talking out of his ass, but you never know. While this rumor may seem like doom for those expecting an earlier-than-thought Wii release date, fear not my little fanboys, because it doesn’t necessarily mean that. The system could easily launch without full testing and since 3rd party devs won’t be able to include online play until 2007, then it doesn’t really matter anyway.

Besides, I’d much rather have the Wii in my home ASAP. I’m sure all of us would gladly take the system as is and be a part of any massive beta test Nintendo would like to throw at us.

Thanks goes to my boy Yonnage for giving me the tip.

Brian,

i love you man.
in a non-gay completely friend-love kind of way.
hehe
oh and welcome, too.

Last edited:
Uhh, timeout for a second. When is the first conference EXACTLY, and when can we expect info?

pmarc22 said:
Brain,

i love you man.
in a non-gay completely friend-love kind of way.
unless you happen to be a girl. in that case, marry me now.
hehe
oh and welcome, too.

thanks. lol.

it's good to know that you guys are willing to take my theory seriously.
That's what I like the Nintendo fan-group. They're not complete arrogant, stuck up asses.... like some OTHER company's fan group.....

who happens to have 75% less systems ready for release than expected. :arf:

by the way, it's brian, not brain. lol. but, no biggie...happens all the time.

Z Unit said:
Uhh, timeout for a second. When is the first conference EXACTLY, and when can we expect info?

I believe, Japan has the first one. It's "technically" on the 14th, but I've read recently, because of the time difference, we could be hearing the info revealed at their conference anytime as soon as tomorrow afternoon (the 13th).

"New York is 14 hours behind Tokyo so at 9:00 am it is 11:00 pm in Japan"

So, technically, if Japan's conference starts the same time ours does.... 8 AM on the 14th.... we could be hearing news from their conference as early as 6 PM tomorrow night. :)

Last edited:
Aw, Brian, you beat me to it. Seriously, I had some speculation of that sport. But good job. Well, I think the Wii will be released either on; September 14/15. The title of the "Press Conference" is "All Will Be Revealed." Now this title seems a bit suspicious to me; what do they mean by "all?" All as in information regarding the Wii, or what else?

Maybe, it could be "all" as in "all of the Wii." Revealed is a different story. That word, as we know, means shown, presented, etc. But Nintendo has revealed it, at E3 2006.

Now, as Brian said about the magazine, the headline of the magaine says "Wii Takes on the World." This magazine is released September 14,2006. Why would they say "Takes on the World" when it's not even out yet? What other meaning could that possibly be?

And the release date/price is not "all" as we know it. What about what SEGA games will be revealed? What about other features? None of that has ever been mentioned.

Now, back to revealed. I think the phrase "All Will Be Revealed" means The Nintendo Wii Will Come to Stores." All does not fit the defenition of just the release date and price.

Of course, we may all just be crazy fanboys having nothing to do here except think about stuff like this. :p

******************EDIT******************

Look what I found while searching the net:

"An IGN forum member is reporting that Wii Sports will be bundled with the Wii when it launches this Winter.

The individual, citing reliable sources, claimes that, as well as Wii Sports, the console will also come packaged with an additional nunchuck attatchment and Wii-mote.

'If you don’t believe me now, you will in six days. So sit back, play your Gamecube for a few final memories before you pack it away and replace it with the Wii, and be ready for the 14th. You’ll all be very happy', he stated.

A wise move on Nintendo’s part, and surely a driving incentive for those forking out for Nintendo’s latest hardware. However, nothing has been confirmed by an official source at this time, so stay tuned for more information."

Of course, this is just reported by a IGN forum memeber, but I searched the IGN forum and saw that he had VERY reliable sources.

Look at his statement. 'If you don’t believe me now, you will in six days. So sit back, play your Gamecube for a few final memories before you pack it away and replace it with the Wii, and be ready for the 14th. You’ll all be very happy', he stated.

We will in six days? I'm thinking we will 'cause that may be when the Wii comes out! Note: this was posted on the 8th of September, 6 days from the 14th.

And now, "be ready for 14th, You all will be very happy." What does he mean by that? I'm getting excited now!

Last edited:
snssuck said:
even though it would be cool if they released it in october, i think it would be sweet if they released it on the anniversary of when they released the GC. even though it would be longer to wait, it would give people time to pre-order it, and to give people time to save up money or to just think about the system longer :p

I Dont know, i think Oct. 18 is the 20 year aniversay of the nes, and that seems pretty likely to me

Kunu said:
Aw, Brian, you beat me to it. Seriously, I had some speculation of that sport. But good job. Well, I think the Wii will be released either on; September 14/15. The title of the "Press Conference" is "All Will Be Revealed." Now this title seems a bit suspicious to me; what do they mean by "all?" All as in information regarding the Wii, or what else?

Maybe, it could be "all" as in "all of the Wii." Revealed is a different story. That word, as we know, means shown, presented, etc. But Nintendo has revealed it, at E3 2006.

Now, as Brian said about the magazine, the headline of the magaine says "Wii Takes on the World." This magazine is released September 14,2006. Why would they say "Takes on the World" when it's not even out yet? What other meaning could that possibly be?

And the release date/price is not "all" as we know it. What about what SEGA games will be revealed? What about other features? None of that has ever been mentioned.

Now, back to revealed. I think the phrase "All Will Be Revealed" means The Nintendo Wii Will Come to Stores." All does not fit the defenition of just the release date and price.

Of course, we may all just be crazy fanboys having nothing to do here except think about stuff like this. :p

******************EDIT******************

Look what I found while searching the net:

"An IGN forum member is reporting that Wii Sports will be bundled with the Wii when it launches this Winter.

The individual, citing reliable sources, claimes that, as well as Wii Sports, the console will also come packaged with an additional nunchuck attatchment and Wii-mote.

'If you don’t believe me now, you will in six days. So sit back, play your Gamecube for a few final memories before you pack it away and replace it with the Wii, and be ready for the 14th. You’ll all be very happy', he stated.

A wise move on Nintendo’s part, and surely a driving incentive for those forking out for Nintendo’s latest hardware. However, nothing has been confirmed by an official source at this time, so stay tuned for more information."

Of course, this is just reported by a IGN forum memeber, but I searched the IGN forum and saw that he had VERY reliable sources.

Look at his statement. 'If you don’t believe me now, you will in six days. So sit back, play your Gamecube for a few final memories before you pack it away and replace it with the Wii, and be ready for the 14th. You’ll all be very happy', he stated.

We will in six days? I'm thinking we will 'cause that may be when the Wii comes out! Note: this was posted on the 8th of September, 6 days from the 14th.

And now, "be ready for 14th, You all will be very happy." What does he mean by that? I'm getting excited now!

Kunu, thanks for supporting my theory. I'm glad I wasn't the only gamer with this particular idea. To me, it honestly just makes sense.

And thanks for the extra backup for the idea. I hadn't seen the part you added on with the edit until you just showed it. definitely some good fact digging there. That extra quote from the interview just makes me that much more hopeful. I plan to get in as much Gamecube playing as possible until the 14th. Maybe I'll finally finish clearing out Wind Waker 100%.

Ooooo...now that I think about it.... I haven't done a 100 life all-nighter with SSBM in quite some time. Maybe I'll play all night the 13th, and play until the conference feed. :) That'd officially be the best Nintendo-filled day of my entire life.

Briancpest said:
by the way, it's brian, not brain. lol. but, no biggie...happens all the time.

i now realize that and i feel kinda stupid hehe... brian and brain... i DO get those mixed up a lot.:crazy:

Kunu said:
Now, back to revealed. I think the phrase "All Will Be Revealed" means The Nintendo Wii Will Come to Stores.

Shouldn't it be "All Will Be Wiivealed"? (Almost like Barbara "Wawa" Walters is saying it?):arf:

pmarc22 said:
Shouldn't it be "All Will Be Wiivealed"? (Almost like Barbara "Wawa" Walters is saying it?):arf:

Tru dat. :p

And Brian, no problem. We should make a club; "The Wii-Will-Be-Released-On-September 14th-and/or-15th!" :lol:

**********EDIT***************

I found the long letter by the IGN forum member; thanks to JollyDaWalrus.

" I absolutely SWEAR to you all that you’ll be getting the price, release date, list of games that will launch with the system, and a list of what comes with console itself on the 14th.

You know the drill, though. I can’t spoil who my source is as he would kill me. I’ve known him for 9 years, and I’d trust him with my life. He got into Nintendo (or more accurately, NST) in 2000, by taking the classes at Digipen and getting on from there, as many Digipen students do.

I’ve seen how many people are complaining about how if Nintendo doesn’t spill all on the 14th, they’re going to be extremely upset, complete with the “Nintendo is stupid” rants and sudden lack of faith in the company. I can’t sit back and let you people get upset over a lack of information at conference that is still six days away. You will get the information you want on the 14th.

The price will not disappoint. The date will not disappoint. The games will not disappoint, obviously. What comes in the box might disappoint a few of you, though. Nintendo is going to pack in the console itself of course, with two Wii remotes and two nunchuck attachments. As far as my source knows though, you won’t be getting the classic controller packed in. Nintendo will also be deciding on the 13th, the day before the conference in other words, whether or not to add an SD memory card to the list of things included in the box.

To make up for the lack of the classic controller at launch, Nintendo is planning to pack in Wii Sports. The whole point behind the Wii is to get everyone in the family interested in gaming. Nintendo figures that two Wii remote and nunchuck controllers and Wii Sports will be an immediate hook for the audience they’re aiming for. Many people remember those NES sports games as some of their favorite NES games. (RBI Baseball, anyone?) Nintendo is hoping to snag older fans back with this Wii Sports title. They’re also hoping that older non-gamers (specifically, the parents that had kids that played games during the NES era) see the ease of the controller, remember that their kids played the NES versions, and gain an interest in Wii Sports themselves.

If you don’t believe me now, you will in six days. So sit back, play your Gamecube for a few final memories before you pack it away and replace it with the Wii, and be ready for the 14th. You’ll all be very happy.
"

OKAY NOW IM HYPED...BRING ON THE WII NINTENDO...BRING IT ON

Sure, pmarc22, but after I eat some pizza. Be back in a while guys.

Back