Serious advice needed!!!!!!!!!

I appreciate the attempted pep-talk, but a little history if you don't mind........

I was married at 22, kid at 22-1/2, wife left me with the kid and i moved back with my parents since, have not been able to get back on my feet since. I wish it was that easy. Now, please, a little help?

dakster said:
Wow. Ok, so for ways in which to avoid getting a job and yet get a wii. Two things here, avoiding the job, and getting the wii. You're 50% of the way there. You don't have a job. Never had one. Well done, that's difficult for someone your age to have accomplished.

The second, getting a wii with no money. First of all, stealing a wii is a terrible idea. The only plus I can see in this approach is that you'll finally have your own place. It may be small and cramped, but no more living with your parents. However you will most likely be raped weekly in the shower by other prisoners. You can put this into the pro/con category yourself, I can't speak for ya there.

The means I would suggest are asking family members to chip in together for a gift, like for your birthday, or for Christmas. Better yet, do this. Make a deal with your parents. You get your GED (and I highly suggest you do this), and they'll buy you a wii. You graduate, and you get a wii. Seems like a reasonable deal to me. Can't hurt to ask, and it certainly can't hurt to get your GED. Worst they can do is say no.
Now, THAT was a pretty good idea. As much as getting my GED sounds like total hell, this is a pretty decent idea. Thank you for the thought.

Mike Rochtinks said:
in response, work for THEM around the house, like paint jobs, type, whatever, you know, i'd probably never actually do the work, it was just a ploy to get money.

ROFL
Dude this is too f*cking funny.
I like your style.
:thumbsup:

BrandonMcAuslan said:
ROFL
Dude this is too f*cking funny.
I like your style.
:thumbsup:
MAny thanks. Here's my other idea, go door to door collecting money for the kids, you know like those other dudes do, and see how long it takes me to get my wii, i think it could happen in a matter of days.

I GOT IT!

You know those people that sit on the street corner with a sign that says something like 'Give me money I'm a broke bum'... this should work! All you have to do is get a piece of cardboard and a magic marker! Some people even give you food! Damn... what an awesome idea.

Better yet... if you play the guitar you can take it with you.. then you don't even need a sign. You just strum away on your guitar and have a hat in front of you. People should put some change in the hat... 1 month later and you should have enough money for a Wii!

(This is a joke right? this cannot be serious?.. :eek:)

Also sell some stuff... Old bikes/toys? Old games consoles? Parents furniture?

Yeah man. Sorry for poking fun at you, I didn't realize the tough spot you're in. I highly recommend education, plus it can give you something to focus on. Best luck, and I hope it turns out.

As someone who has spent entirely too much time in both school and work....
I'll take school anytime.

Mike Rochtinks said:
I appreciate the attempted pep-talk, but a little history if you don't mind........

I was married at 22, kid at 22-1/2, wife left me with the kid and i moved back with my parents since, have not been able to get back on my feet since. I wish it was that easy. Now, please, a little help?

well im very sorry to hear all of this that happened to you in the past, but seriously man, you have to get over it and move on in your life. They dont have high schools and colleges out there for no reason, they're there for people to live a good life with high income. 3 1/2 years is far more than enough to move on with your life and get things straight. Right now you shouldn't be trying to get a wii to waste more of your life away, you should be looking for a way to restore your life. you're acting like you're 10 man........im only 16 and i think more maturely than you.....time to grow up

Why WOULD i want a job. I'd say the number of people I've heard that are happy with work comes to a grand total of 0. People that like staying at home and sleeping all day......ME!

I'm getting REAL sick of playing SEGA all day.

no just steal it..lol cause im sure when you get caught and sent to jail, durring your one hour of free time they might have a wii you could play with... ha ha

what a joke if your serious there are other things you need to worry about go find a job go to school anything... i managed to live on my own starting out with low paying jobs i was 16 at the time, im sure you can manage the same thing..and its alot better than sitting at home moochin off the parents.. you can only do that so long even if they never kick you out there gonna be gone one day and your gonna have to figure things out the hard way...

I like my job. I get to build flight simulators (big ones) for the military. I make bank. I wear bluejeans and tennis shoes to work everyday. Know how I got such a sweet gig? Lots of school.

Trust me, the better educated you are, the better the job situation will be. Give it a shot man. You have nothing to lose, see if you can't better yourself.

Most jobs you can get without a GED are going to suck.

Yes I can. Right after you finish graduate school. It's a long road mate, hit the books.

Back