Serious advice needed!!!!!!!!!

ya employers look for school,or experience for a good job these days if not both... without eaither your gonna be stuck in a crap job till you try... its easy to see the more you make the less you do in the work force, after a while your just information source for the people working.. i got to work for a whole 30 minutes yesterday on tripple time the other 7 1/2 hours i sat around watching movies and listening to music on my phone... maybe its not as compfortable as my own bed... but for tripple time i can nap on my desk instead...

Yeah, I work Technical Support for a Software company. We work with nothing but government officials. I don't make the most but I'm at work right now and look what I'm doing...

And because I have a job... I can afford a Wii.

You need a GED and some trade school than go find a job the Wii should be the least of your concerns :rolleyes:

i understand guys. but it is my greatest concern right now. Also, these are all GREAT ideas, but i want a wii, like, by thursday................... because it is so unbelievably kick a$$

Time to go tell my mom to make some lunch. Hope to hear more good ideas when i return. Thanks everyone.

Maybe we should throw in the towel and get this guy a nice World of Warcraft setup in the basement. Why delay the inevitable?

go on welfare if your that desperate cuz your 23 you can claim wlefare and just include your income not your parents but WARNING:THEY DO MAKE YOU GET A JOB WITHIN a time frame and if you don't they kick you off of it

I'd second the idea of the GED thing.
And I know several part time locations hire adults who are working to get their GED. Walgreens is one for sure but even if you don't have a diploma, letting the cimpany know you are activly working on your GED will help you land a job for sure. And in turn a Wii eventually.

dakster said:
Maybe we should throw in the towel and get this guy a nice World of Warcraft setup in the basement. Why delay the inevitable?

He might as well I hate when people that are trying to find a job and want a job can't get 1 then you got this guy that just is a lazy person

Tri said:
I GOT IT!

You know those people that sit on the street corner with a sign that says something like 'Give me money I'm a broke bum'... this should work! All you have to do is get a piece of cardboard and a magic marker! Some people even give you food! Damn... what an awesome idea.

Better yet... if you play the guitar you can take it with you.. then you don't even need a sign. You just strum away on your guitar and have a hat in front of you. People should put some change in the hat... 1 month later and you should have enough money for a Wii!

I hear you can make like $100 a day if you are in a busy place!

Seriously though, you should really concentrate on getting back on your feet. Get the GED and a job at a super market (its not that bad, i worked at one when i was 16). You want to be a good role model for your kid. I know too many people who didnt have a good role model when they were growing up and got heavily involved with drugs.

Mike Rochtinks said:
Time to go tell my mom to make some lunch. Hope to hear more good ideas when i return. Thanks everyone.

Ok, you REALLY need to support yourself!! You can't make yourself lunch? No wonder why they wont get you a wii. Get off you a** and get your GED and a Job!!!

Mike Rochtinks said:
i'm trying to avoid getting a real job at all costs. So please lets steer away from any "job" ideas at this point.
Pff it's people like you who annoy me. You don't go to school or work, and you're living off your parents. And now your getting pissed when they don't pay for something that aint an essential to living. I have nothing much else to say, it explains itself.

you have a kid man, thats the example you want to give him, sleep all day? when your parents are not there anymore then what?? the wii is not going to give you any money... man, I don't know, but you have more responsibilities with your kid. You are the example man, just try and go for the GED and get on with your life, don't just sit down and play or sleep. c'mon, your kid is more important than anything else, giving him a good example is even more important because he will become your mirror.

Back