serious question bout red steel

Its going to be multiplayer in some way, u can use it but is only up to 4 players

MasterShake529 said:
Is red steel going to be a one player game or is it gonna be multiplayer?:confused: :confused: :confused:
Thus far, Ubisoft has said Red Steel will be 1-2 players. Personally, I'm guessing that's just for when you're playing split screen and then atleast 4 player (although 8, 12, or 16 would be awesome) online or via L.A.N.

First the multiplayer split screen has been confirmed so thats 100%, not 50%, I heard 4 players is what they have for the split screen and your area won't effect the other players controls, second the sword play has been revamped since e3 so all videos probably have the old gameplay supposed to be better now. Online I think 75-100% Ubisoft said in their interview about the new 5 and 2 already annouced games was that they couldn't release info on the online yet, which sounds like its there but the big N will send their ninjas after us if we tell to many secrets!!

Last edited:
For some odd reason I think it will be online but not multiplayer. As for these percentages being given, it's pretty silly. It would really be hard to come up w/ an exact number. We're just guesstimating. In my case it's like this though: multiplayer 0% online-play 100%.

Anybody have any info from a legit source on how the swordplay will work? Is it real time? ie. the movement of the sword directly corresponds to the movement of your hand. Or is it more like you swing the wiimote in some fashion, the game recognizes this as a button push and maybe as a swing direction and then pulls a generic swing out of a library of moves. I hope this is not the case. I want real time.

they have already said that there is a small bit of lag but not enough for most people to notice but they are working on getting it as good as possible lag wise

phiggey said:
Anybody have any info from a legit source on how the swordplay will work? Is it real time? ie. the movement of the sword directly corresponds to the movement of your hand. Or is it more like you swing the wiimote in some fashion, the game recognizes this as a button push and maybe as a swing direction and then pulls a generic swing out of a library of moves. I hope this is not the case. I want real time.
its prerocorded moves that depends on which you move the controller soz but none of your moves will be in the game nintendo did this because it would look more realistic

I dont think it will have lag, the only games Ive noticed that have lag are PC ones

Well I guess the faster you move the wiimote then the longer it will take for the game to register what move you have asked it to perform. Its kinda like 2D fighters where you push a combo of buttons and then the fighter performs a move. This time though there are no buttons, its all about swing direction and angle. Thats how i see it working though. I'll probably rent it or borrow it from a friend when it comes out - because unless it has realtime movements, I dont see why I would want it.

Back