Seriously

dakuda

WiiChat Member
Jan 27, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
I belong to quite a few forums. Most cater to crowd in the 20-40 age range though.

Is the age factor a reason why poor grammar and weird spellings of words are so common here? I would assume the average age here is below 17.

I see so many shortened 'versions' of words that sometimes it takes me several seconds to determine which word the poster meant. What do people do when they have to turn in a paper to school? Fail?

Just an observation.

I Do Use Proper Speling And Grammar... But I Capitalize Every Freaking First Letter Of Every Word Cause Its A Habit. My Ring Finger Gets A Good Workout Though.:lol:

I'm always steering to use proper grammer. It's more mature.

if u talk like this then peple wil think ur very imatur.

Notice the difference. I bet when you read the line above this one, you thought it was coming from a 9-11 years old. But as you read this line, it sounds more like a mature teen is typing it or an adult.

Most of my friends who use AIM use horrible grammer. I laugh at them.

Last edited:
i just dont use capitals or 's. i use some shorthand like lol and idk. i used to type all shorthand but i figured "is it really that much harder to type "you" instead of "u?" ive been trying to type 100% properly but to me its just a hassle lol.

I do, do lol a lot. But I found speaking I.M was really getting to me when I was writing a script for drama and i put OMG for oh my god. So know I tend to not speak I.M as mush.

its the internet. im sure most people here would use proper grammar and spelling if they were typing a school assignment.

Yeah, I started a thread about this early this year. I agree though. Who's opinion are you going value more?

OMG dis game sucks teh big onelololol!!!1!!!!11
----or------
I didn't like the game. The controls were a major downfall, and the graphics were rough around the edges

It just makes you seem more intelligent when you use proper spelling and grammar. I do however, have a tendency to use run-on sentences. It happens.

And It's ok to abbreviate if you've already made it known what you mean by an abbreviation , if it's a common one, or if you're on the hardware or online sub-forum talking technical. But seriously, why are we abbreviating everything? definitely (does not equal) deff.

I R British and dslecic (bloody word)
So thats my eccuse utill I reinsall he spell checker

I don't really think age has to do with grammar once you're out of elementary school. :/ I try to type good English with abbreviations mixed in for titles od games and such.

>Insert some thing about gramer here<

how old are you? im assuming your somewhere in between 20-40 since your on older forums.

my spelling is a bit shot since i used to be a court stenographer (those peope that type for the court system if you never heard of the word). i went to school for that before becomming a cop (hense my 2 year degree). anyways, from time to time i catch myself spelling "cat" K-A-T since being a stenographer involves short hand spelling and phonetics lol.

in any event, sometimes i cant understand the short hand either "IMO"- in my opinion, "LMAO" Laughing My Ass Off, i know what they mean now but at first i didnt have a clue but now i use them since i know what they mean.

also, its just the way kids type now adays anyways everything is al messed up "wuts gud?" or "sup sexi" that drives me nuts! its just the way they type. i hate it and i usually yell at them to type it again or wait till someone rephrases it.

CantGetAWii said:
how old are you? im assuming your somewhere in between 20-40 since your on older forums.

Who are you talking to ?

Be it me

Back