Settin' up your Wii area! xD

Kumoriken

Banned
Sep 30, 2006
Princeville, (Kauai) Hawaii
Wii Online Code
3916-4519-7595-8108
Well, my room was a bit small and I figured it'd be kinda uncomfortable to play it in such a cramped space, so I'm movin' in to my garage! ^.^ I've been working on it a lot recently, and it's coming out quite nice. So, I figured I'd make a thread to see how/where everyone else is gonna set everything up! Describe your Wii area, what kind of TV you're gonna be playin' on, etc. Even post some pictures if you're willing! ^_^ Oh, and also mention if you're doing something special/specific just for the Wii, or are moving in/have recently moved in to a new room. *Nod nod* I'll be uploading some pictures soon enough, but before then, here's what I'm gonna have...

Mmkee. My garage has a shelf built in to the wall, and that's where I'm gonna put my TV and game systems. A few feet (around 20 or so, I have no clue.) facing the TV is a couch I've moved into there. Very cushy, you pretty much just sink into it when you sit on it. xP To the left of the couch is my bed, which will become unoccupied for many a week after I hook up the Wii. xD Behind the couch will be my desk, where I'll use my iBook G4 laptop. *Nod nod* I will also have my PS2, my N64, and possibly SNES hooked up, which will all remail unused for a very long time after November 19th. xP Though I currently do not have wireless in the garage, since the walls of my house are so thick, I will have it hooked up right in there before I get the Wii. ^.^ And that's just about it! So, like I said, I'll take some pictures and upload them when I'm done fixing everything up. But until then, let's hear some other peoples' set-ups! xD

EDIT: OH! I forgot! Currently, I'm using a 27" Sony TV, but it's been tweaking out lately and turning itself on and off, so I'm getting a new one soon/eventually. ^.^

Last edited:
Kumoriken said:
Well, my room was a bit small and I figured it'd be kinda uncomfortable to play it in such a cramped space, so I'm movin' in to my garage! ^.^ I've been working on it a lot recently, and it's coming out quite nice. So, I figured I'd make a thread to see how/where everyone else is gonna set everything up! Describe your Wii area, what kind of TV you're gonna be playin' on, etc. Even post some pictures if you're willing! ^_^ Oh, and also mention if you're doing something special/specific just for the Wii, or are moving in/have recently moved in to a new room. *Nod nod* I'll be uploading some pictures soon enough, but before then, here's what I'm gonna have...

Mmkee. My garage has a shelf built in to the wall, and that's where I'm gonna put my TV and game systems. A few feet (around 20 or so, I have no clue.) facing the TV is a couch I've moved into there. Very cushy, you pretty much just sink into it when you sit on it. xP To the left of the couch is my bed, which will become unoccupied for many a week after I hook up the Wii. xD Behind the couch will be my desk, where I'll use my iBook G4 laptop. *Nod nod* I will also have my PS2, my N64, and possibly SNES hooked up, which will all remail unused for a very long time after November 19th. xP Though I currently do not have wireless in the garage, since the walls of my house are so thick, I will have it hooked up right in there before I get the Wii. ^.^ And that's just about it! So, like I said, I'll take some pictures and upload them when I'm done fixing everything up. But until then, let's hear some other peoples' set-ups! xD
Alrighty , I have 2 set ups...make that 3
Okay i have the main TV in the Main Room xD , Yea its a bit cramped so im going to move the coffee table
The second TV which is in the basement is PERFECT!its wherei usualy play all my games
The third TV which is hidden in my bro's room, and he doesn't even know its there. Its a mini TV that we don't use anymore. But i think i could use that xD

Very cool! I've decided to take my 27" TV from my bedroom and replace it with the one in my living room. I figure in my living room I have more room for when i first place and over-exgerate everything. + to show off!:yesnod: I have a lot of cleaning to do around the area, it needs to be nice and neat! Trading in my GC with all my games except my Resident Evils and 1 controller (must buy new memory card since i lost em ((when i need to)) So I will have my 5 REs and 1 controller until the Wii, GS is giving an extra $20!

Hmmmm i think i will use it in my living room, as it got large tv and nice comfy sofas inm ma bedroom small and stuff like you said!and not much room for moving around i will have xbox set up there to but hardly play on it only when playing halo2 multiplayer! but ye after a while if i get used to the wii i might move it up into bedroom if you can use it in small spaces but that ownt be till after xmas

Sovieto said:
Very cool! I've decided to take my 27" TV from my bedroom and replace it with the one in my living room. I figure in my living room I have more room for when i first place and over-exgerate everything. + to show off!:yesnod: I have a lot of cleaning to do around the area, it needs to be nice and neat! Trading in my GC with all my games except my Resident Evils and 1 controller (must buy new memory card since i lost em ((when i need to)) So I will have my 5 REs and 1 controller until the Wii, GS is giving an extra $20!

hmmmmmf i woulda kept ma GC if i had one jus so to keep it as a like duno jus so you can say you had one!

dsc00069bh0.jpg

I will be taking that dresser out, and then I will put my bed against the wall on the left. In place of my dresser, I will get some kind of TV stand, and between a 24-30 inch TV. There, I will put my Wii and stuff. (yes, I have wireless.) Also, I'm going to either get a couch to put in front of the TV, or just get a few cool chairs for me and my freinds to sit in.

Im thinking it's going to have to be the living room for me too, my tv in my room is wall mounted and i think it may cause a few problems trying to glue the sensor bar to the wall :p

Anyway i think you need to put it in the main living area, after all the Wii is a very sociable console and needs to be put somewhere for everyone to pick up and play some spur of the moment Wii sports :cool:

i0n said:
Im thinking it's going to have to be the living room for me too, my tv in my room is wall mounted and i think it may cause a few problems trying to glue the sensor bar to the wall :p

Anyway i think you need to put it in the main living area, after all the Wii is a very sociable console and needs to be put somewhere for everyone to pick up and play some spur of the moment Wii sports :cool:

My parents / sister will never play a video game unless I am present. They don't even know how to turn a computer on. I don't trust them with my Wii. xD But, I think you can put the sensor bar under the TV, as well... and it's thin enough, why not put it on top of your TV? It must hang off the wall a little bit...

There was a thread about this a while ago, but it didn't get many replies since it was in the Lounge. It can be found here. It's cool though.

I guess I'll post what I posted there, here.

I'm totally putting Wii under my TV in my room, although I'm not sure whether I'll lay it on it's side or put it on the stand.

NateTheGreat said:
Good idea for a thread!

P1010024.jpg

^^This is what I see from my hide-a-bed couch: a 27" tube TV. It's nothing special, but it's got a pretty nice picture and, oddly enough, it has component inputs. I've got my trusty Xbox and newly aquired PS2, which I got free from my cousin. I plan on moving the TV and consoles off that gray stand and into the built-in space that's right behind it as soon as I can; the built-in is too shallow for the TV so I'll have to make a little extention-table.

P1010027.jpg

^^Here's my couch and behind it on the wall you can see I've got the two rear speakers of my cheap but good $200 Sony 5.1 system mounted to the wall, which I really like.

P1010030.jpg

^^And just for perspective, here's a distant shot of my room.

Yes, the ceiling is only about a foot or two higher than my head and it slants at an angle from both sides. You can also see my custom Fender Showmaster electric that I got from my uncle last Xmas.

I really like all the naughty pine walls; makes me feel like I'm back in the 70's even though I wasn't alive during that time.

I hope to sooner or later get a better sound system and of course, a nice LCD TV, although since my TV is only like 5 ft. from my couch, it's not really necessary.

Last edited:
Nice set up there Nate, I wouldn't mind coming over to chill and play video games for a couple hours.:lol: :yesnod: I say put the wii on top of the XBOX or PS2 to show it ownz it, probably the ps2 since its a more flat surface. But still, nice crib!

wow, this thread is a very good idea. OK so my former rec room in my basement used to be HORRIBLE to be in. The rest of my basement is still pretty bad, but my eldest brother moved into the rec room once we cleaned and painted it. He doesn't own all of though, a bit of the room will have our new TV in it once we get it adn alraedy has the foosball table in it sooo yeah I htink I will spend most of my time there playing with my wii. Or maybe in my living room but it doesn't have much room.

PS NATE: this thread is kinda different, this is more about what your doing to prepare for the wii and what you have and what you want/plan to do. But still, props for your old thread. :yesnod:

Sovieto said:
Nice set up there Nate, I wouldn't mind coming over to chill and play video games for a couple hours.:lol: :yesnod: I say put the wii on top of the XBOX or PS2 to show it ownz it, probably the ps2 since its a more flat surface. But still, nice crib!
Yeah, I like it quite a bit, compared to my old room down stairs that was like half the size.

Oddly enough, I spend most of my time downstairs in the living room and only go upstairs to sleep, play guitar, listen to music, and of course, when I have the time, play games.:D

You'll have to put up some pics of your place; sounds interesting.

Back