setting up a new Wii

asia_pearl

WiiChat Member
Dec 26, 2007
How long does it normally take to do the initial updates when you first set up? My Wii is taking forever. What could be the problem?
Thanks,
asia_pearl

so is it normal that the updates page sits there for quite a while? like it's hanging, but things are still moving on the bottom right hand side?

Yeah, this will probably take a pretty long time. It also depends on your connection. Some connections might be done in half an hour whereas others might take 5 hours or so. It all depends.

Depends on your connection.

None of my updates having taken longer than 5 minutes.

it's a wireless connection. we connect to the internet fine, it's just this initial update that is taking a long time.

nic7 said:
Yeah, this will probably take a pretty long time. It also depends on your connection. Some connections might be done in half an hour whereas others might take 5 hours or so. It all depends.
so, it looks like it's just hagn'n, is this normal? the blue little squares on the right hand side is still going and stil making the beeping sounds that it is working?

thank you. it has now been 1 hour and it still updating very slowly the blue bar is moving. i hope there is nothing wrong with the unit. my cousin and brother inlaw just basically plugged theirs in and it was setup, updates and all and ready to go in no time.

Back