Several Questions about Wii Online...

Darkside7000

Luke Perry for President!
Dec 1, 2006
Australia
I get my Wii on the December 7th Aussie release date and I have a few questions.

1) Will we get updates the same day as other countries?

2) Does the console come with previous updates already installed, or am I going to have to update everything?

3) What are the odds of me getting that error that screws up the console (the "Error 110213" or whatever it was called. I dont want to have to get a new console)?

4) Should I wait a day or so after updates are released before downloading them to prevent me from getting kicked off due to server loads (thus wrecking my Wii... atleast thats what I heard happens).

5) Also, do I need my Wii turned on to receive messages from friends?

1. We don't know, it hasnt happened yet. I would assume so.

2. We don't know, it hasnt happened yet.

3. about 0.00004% (estimate)

4. Not a bad idea, just dont setup your internet access becasue that is the first thing the Wii does after setup.

5. No, if your Wii is off and you recieve a new message, the Disk slot will illuminate blue to tell you.

-Bobby

Darkside7000 said:
I get my Wii on the December 7th Aussie release date and I have a few questions.

1) Will we get updates the same day as other countries?

2) Does the console come with previous updates already installed, or am I going to have to update everything?

3) What are the odds of me getting that error that screws up the console (the "Error 110213" or whatever it was called. I dont want to have to get a new console)?

4) Should I wait a day or so after updates are released before downloading them to prevent me from getting kicked off due to server loads (thus wrecking my Wii... atleast thats what I heard happens).

5) Also, do I need my Wii turned on to receive messages from friends?

1. Only for some and some are not.
2. It comes with everything, but you have to update when you connect online.
3. It's their Router's ok? I use a WIFI USB Connector.
4. No, it's their problem/trying to scare you.
5. No. If your still online, you can still receive when your wii is turned off.

Back