Several questions

Sakireth

WiiChat Member
Sep 16, 2006
I have several Not-so-much asked questions for you to answer.

1. Are you gonna be walking around the world like you would in real life or would it be: Door in, fade out, fade in, next room?
I hope it's gonna be one consistent experience in which you can walk around freely without having to enter so many doors/towns. That would so totally rock, it would actually give a feeling you were walking a world. (Something I miss in LoZ:OoT)
2. In order to lengthen a game's experience one often integrates a level up system, in which you can get stronger. Now I am not saying a common-used level system RPG's use, but more of a "better item, better strength" thing. I mean, I want to be able to improve my character in Zelda. Can this be done?

I'll update this list as my mind makes up more questions about this new title on Wii.

Last edited:
no, there is no experience/levelling-up thing in this game...that was only present in one Zelda game...for the NES, called The Legend Of Link, and the same system in Ocarina of Time is in Twilight Princess in regards to opening doors, unless a cutscene ensues...and for the doors that are already open, as in the Temple Of Time, where it was just a gaping hole that faded out

^agreed.
But you will probably get some better weapons you will equip like Master sword and w/e they named the sheild this time and stuff like that, but other than that you wont be able to improve really/

and the walking around thing, should be the same as OoT if im not mistaken...so yeah

Mrjingles_23 said:
no, there is no experience/levelling-up thing in this game...

He didn't mean it in that way which he did state. He ment, silver gauntlets > gold gauntlets, upgrades.

I too would like more of those types of upgrades in the game. I thought about an upgrade to the charged sword spin attack, which upon gaining the upgrade and charging that extra bit longer, Link releases a 3 hit combo sword technique.

The blade glows red, as if cast into a forge and sparks sizzle and spit off the blade, Link then strikes with the usual horizontal 360 slash but before the enemy hits the ground he raises with a upward slash (similar to Dante's Air combo starting upper swipe from DMC) lifting the opponent higher. He then turns the sword round in mid-air and finishes with the downward thrust, impaling the foe mid decent, causing a tremor of red sparks to bounce out from around the vicinity of where you land.

I really hope they have more boot variations in this one, especially using my idea of the pegasus boots with race track side-quests utilizing them, and alot more item upgrades as before mentioned.
In ALttP you powered up your sword twice, and the final version could shoot magic out the tip while your heart containers were all fall (if I remember correctly). This was added to Oni Link in MM to bring back the ability of firing magic from your sword, but come-on, you couldn't REALLY have fun with it like in ALttP, because you can only use the Oni Link mask during boss battles. In ALttP you could hit regular enemies from a distance and have fun, without wasting arrows :smilewinkgrin: (fair enough you could use a cheat disk to wear the mask anywhere).

Sakireth said:
I have several Not-so-much asked questions for you to answer.

1. Are you gonna be walking around the world like you would in real life or would it be: Door in, fade out, fade in, next room?
I hope it's gonna be one consistent experience in which you can walk around freely without having to enter so many doors/towns. That would so totally rock, it would actually give a feeling you were walking a world. (Something I miss in LoZ:OoT)
2. In order to lengthen a game's experience one often integrates a level up system, in which you can get stronger. Now I am not saying a common-used level system RPG's use, but more of a "better item, better strength" thing. I mean, I want to be able to improve my character in Zelda. Can this be done?

I'll update this list as my mind makes up more questions about this new title on Wii.

I agree on number one. But on #2 no not at all. They will not turn it into a RPG baseb system. Although it would be cool they shouldn't put it like that.

myagirl said:
I ahte all of the questions. They are stupid.

I can tell you "ahte" it... you basically spat the words into the screen bypassing the correct typing sequence, hence the spelling being off.

Im not one to normally judge people on grammer in forums, and have backed up people who have recieved ridicule about such trivial matters in other forums numerous times. But for people who act as if they know others, I will gladly tell them they need to know themself 1st :smilewinkgrin:

Hey KaDee let's give her a zelda quiz. Let's give her questions from Ocarina of Time.

Zaine06 said:
Hey KaDee let's give her a zelda quiz. Let's give her questions from Ocarina of Time.

Haha, I leave the fun to you Zaine06... not promising that I wont be tempted to jump in on it later :lol:

I'm just passing through the forum today, taking a glance at the production of new threads/ideas. :smilewinkgrin:

Last edited:
Back