Severe bug reported in FW3.0. Don't rush to update yet.

billcsho

WiiChat Member
May 21, 2007
I just found a news posted a couple hours ago that Nintendo announced a severe bug found in the firmware 3.0 while using internet channel. It will suddenly dim the screen and may freeze. I am not sure if only 3.0J is affected.

Oh boy, I just clicked update about an hour ago. I hope nothing goes wrong. Thanks for the warning, I'll be purposely trying to get this bug to show.

So it just freezes in the internet channel? That is the only problem? I already updated, but if that is all it does then I don't need to worry since I hardly use the internet channel and a freeze wouldn't be too big of a deal anyway.

Oh boy that's not good. Also, does anyone else notice the stupid clock not centered with the date? It just doesn't fit with the "niceness" of the interface.

To be honest, that clock was a bit of a waste. They could at least give an off/on function. It's not there when the menu first starts, it just fades in.

Okay. I read a little more about the bug from a chinese web site. It said:

if one hits the "RESET" button while at "Wii Browser", the screen may turn dim or the system may stop working.
[unquote]

I assume "Wii Browser" means internet channel (or the front page?). It is not clear whether the "stop working" is just a temporary status or a permanent brick from the context in chinese.
Again, it has been reported in 3.0J only so far. The 3.0U and 3.0E may be fine. But there is no hurry to update unless you want to go to the Shop channel now.

Mojor Skittish said:
somart like that happend 2 me i was on the internet on my wii suddenly it turned off for know reason lol

That is probably the enhanced parent control function. LOL too.

hmmmm....im mostly on the internet channel on my wii......but nothing yet.

i'll post back if something happens close to the wii freezing

Just don't touch the reset button while you are there.

:lol:.....oh.....that happened once......:lol:......

if that happens, just go to "wii menu"

Back