Sex

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think supporting the confederate flag for reasons of believing that the national government is becoming too sovereign and you want more states rights is fine.

Too late in history for that. The concern now is states' rights/sovereignty vs. international organizations such as UN, EU, etc.

They're certainly a lot more powerful than I think the original writers of the US constitution intended though, although if I were living in America I wouldn't be complaining about state's rights so much as individual rights.

Indeed. In complete contrast to Europe, the United States seems to be getting more and more seperated. I reckon in around 200 years, each state will be a completely individual country in its own right.

Well this tread was intresting.........

So he banned already for being a blatent troll or is he still around. I would love to have a "intellectual" debate with him about his views on life.

Indeed. In complete contrast to Europe, the United States seems to be getting more and more seperated. I reckon in around 200 years, each state will be a completely individual country in its own right.

Huh? The Civil War pretty much guaranteed that states aren't allowed to secede.

You may look at social issues and think that states would want to separate, but take one look at something like the Iraq war or Katrina, and you see that the United States wouldn't ever break up.

We like being the most powerful. :thumbsup:

Err... why are you saying 'indeed' when I just said the opposite of that? If anything, the US is becoming a lot more centralised than originally intended (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution).

Personally I don't see your scenario happening. The last time a bunch of states tried to secede there was a rather brutal war to force them back into the union (personally I've never seen why a state should have to remain in the union forever).

THUNDERBOLT AND LIGHTNING VERY VERY FRIGHTENING INDEED

BISMILLAH WE WILL NOT LET HIM GO

yea

Huh? The Civil War pretty much guaranteed that states aren't allowed to secede.

You may look at social issues and think that states would want to separate, but take one look at something like the Iraq war or Katrina, and you see that the United States wouldn't ever break up.

We like being the most powerful. :thumbsup:

Yes, but I'm not referring to the Civil War. Each state is simply too different to last in a union for a long period of time. Take Alaska and Florida for example. Bar the fact their inhabitants classify themselves as Americans, they are the complete equal and opposite of one another.

That said, I'd far rather be a state in America than any state in a European superstate.

Yes, but I'm not referring to the Civil War. Each state is simply too different to last in a union for a long period of time. Take Alaska and Florida for example. Bar the fact their inhabitants classify themselves as Americans, they are the complete equal and opposite of one another.

That said, I'd far rather be a state in America than any state in a European superstate.
Lucky for you then, the states of the US have a lot more in common than the members of the EU. We have a long history of fighting each other, wildly different social attitudes, and 23 official languages (with Macedonian, Croatian, and Turkish to be added if those countries are successful in their bids to join the EU).

That said, I wouldn't actually mind an EU superstate. It's not really any different to Britain, which itself is just a union of four nations.

So lemme get this straight. Some southern Manchild makes useless thread about sex, I put wikipedia copypasted info there, everyone has a pointless argument against said manchild, and suddenly you're talking about American Sovereignty... in a thread titled Sex. Ok then. Ok.

Being under a rock in Canada for the last seven years has left me out of the loop...
I suggest... Renaming this thread or deleting it entirely.

^hMM, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND WIICHAT, DO YOU? Xd

EDIT: aha, whoops, caps...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back