Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

shakey mouse.

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Chat' started by Iranian Wii, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Iranian Wii

Iranian Wii WiiChat Member

the mouse which shows up on my screen is very shakey when I am moving the controller around. the sensetivity is set to 2 but when I try to move it around it shakes around a lot. does anyone else have this problem?

thanks

2. D Twizzle

D Twizzle Lovin' The Wii

Wii Friend Code: 0130-2935-1724-6313
    0130-2935-1724-6313
    Just get closer to the sensor bar.

3. friedriceballer

friedriceballer WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 5225-4471-7757-0981
    5225-4471-7757-0981
    I had a similar problem once when I brought my Wii to a friend's house. When I play at home I usually sit/stand about 8 feet from the TV, but when I brought it to my friend's house, we were sitting about 12-15 feet away. I just adjusted the sensitivity and it worked fine. You may have to do the same, hopefully that should fix it.

4. ciper

ciper

You have another source of IR in the room.

5. kiraownsurmom

kiraownsurmom Man Points: Over 9000

Wii Friend Code: 6958-3537-3855-1215
    6958-3537-3855-1215
    hmmm...

6. ciper

ciper

Over 1000 posts and only two bars of rep. It makes since.:scared:

7. kiraownsurmom

6958-3537-3855-1215
    oook?i dont even care about rep

8. ciper

ciper

The point is that your reply was a waste of time and space. I should've just reported it to the moderators but instead I would rather publicly ridicule you.

Can you explain how "Hmmm..." helps anyone?

9. zephyr1080

zephyr1080 Wii Owner

• Like Like x 1
  10. Silent-Sniper

Silent-Sniper ↑ Awesome ↑

Can you explain how reputation on a Internet forum helps you in life? Can you explain how having a petty argument with him for posting helps this guy, no, so shh.

11. kiraownsurmom

6958-3537-3855-1215

ok does this arguement have ANYTHING to do with helping this guy? no...

12. ciper

ciper

I posted that he probably has another source of IR in the room. That helps
    You posted "hmmm..." which on some forums would be enough to get you temporarily banned. Since the moderators are overwhelmed on this board I took responsibility to ***** at you.

Thats not a very good solution. The Wiimote will be even more susceptible to stray IR.

Try turning off all the lights and closing the blinds so the room is completely dark and see if the issue goes away.

#12 ciper, Jun 10, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2007
  13. zephyr1080

zephyr1080 Wii Owner

he said if you are seeing more than two lights turn the settings down until you only see two. If you see 2 lights then turn it up till you still see two lights. Seeing 2 lights on sensitivity 5 is the best result. His solution is good.

14. Xyphon

Xyphon WiiChat Member

Try to go a bit further away form the motion detector..

15. zephyr1080

zephyr1080 Wii Owner

This might help also, from Nintendo site:

Cursor is off-center, jerky, erratic, disappears, etc.
    * Verify that the Wii Remote's pointer lens is free of obstructions and contamination (stickers, heavy smudges, etc.). The pointer lens is the tinted rectangle at the end of the Wii Remote.

* Try using another Wii Remote, if possible, and check to see if you experience the same problem.
    o If only one Wii Remote is not responding correctly, there is likely a problem with the Wii Remote. Please click here for repair information.
    o If more than one Wii Remote is not responding correctly, or if you only have one Wii Remote, please continue with troubleshooting.

* Check the Directional Sensor Functionality by turning the Wii Remote upside down so that the buttons face the ground. If the cursor doesn't point down, this indicates a problem with the motion sensor in the Wii Remote. Please click here for repair information.

* Verify that there are no bright light sources, including sunlight, behind or near the TV, shining towards the Wii Remote or reflecting off the TV screen. Avoid sources of infrared light in the gameplay area such as electric, propane or kerosene heaters, flames from fireplaces or candles, and stoves or other sources of heat. If there are bright lights shinning directly behind the TV or on the screen, turn the lights off.

* Make sure that the Sensor Bar is setup correctly:
    o Check the cord on the Sensor Bar for any frayed wires or kinks, and verify that the Sensor Bar is free of obstructions.
    o Verify that the Wii Remote is being used between 3 and 8 feet directly in front of the TV, and that the Sensor Bar is placed properly (see Sensor Bar setup).
    o Make sure that the Sensor Bar sensitivity is properly set:
    + The Sensor Bar sensitivity determines the distance the player can be from the TV. If you move out of the range of the Sensor Bar the cursor can become erratic. For information on adjusting the Sensor Bar sensitivity, click here.
    + The higher the sensitivity is set, the more susceptible the Sensor Bar is to light and infrared heat sources. Make sure there are no bright light sources, including sunlight, behind or near the TV, shining towards the remote or reflecting off the TV screen. Avoid sources of infrared light in the gameplay area such as electric, propane or kerosene heaters, flames from fireplaces or candles, and stoves or other sources of heat.

* Verify Sensitivity Setting dots:
    Go to the Sensor Bar's sensitivity setting in the Wii menu (click here for directions on accessing this feature).
    o If only one or no dots appear on the sensitivity screen, there is likely a problem with the Sensor Bar. Please click here for repair information.
    o If there are more than two dots, then it appears there is an additional light or infrared heat source being picked up by the Wii Remote. Avoid sources of infrared light in the gameplay area such as electric, propane or kerosene heaters, flames from fireplaces or candles, and stoves or other sources of heat.
    o If both dots appear and the erratic behavior continues even when you move closer to the TV, there is likely a problem with the Wii console and it will need to be repaired. Please click here for repair options.

16. ciper

ciper

That guy is a wrong for saying such thing. What you pasted from the Nintendo site proves it. There should never be more than two dots on any sensitivity level.

17. zephyr1080

zephyr1080 Wii Owner

The point of the sensitivity option is so you can filter out any unwanted non-wiimote IR sources. You filter out the other IR sources by toggling the sensitivity till you see only two blinking dots.

18. ciper

ciper

The sensitivity is to help your Wiimote function at long distances. The lower the sensitivity setting the better result (assuming you can get two solid dots at the lowest setting)

19. LevesqueIsKing

LevesqueIsKing An Instant Classic

Wii Friend Code: 0000-0000-0000-0000
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Thank you very much, that video was very helpful *REPPED*

Ciper: But obviously your two posts that didnt pertain to the topic dont deserve any ridicule, right?

20. wii man

wii man WiiChat Member

i have this problem too, thanks zephyr!