Shigurui - Epic Samurai anime (Not for kids)

DBloke

An ancient one, banner of over a thousand acunts
Staff member
May 30, 2006
Super Mancyland
Wii Online Code
8041-7231-3447-6164
First episode was good
Secound was as well

I bet most people on this site wont know it or get whats going on

Shigurui

Alternative title:
シグルイ (Japanese)
Age rating: Adults only!
Genres: Drama, Historical

Posably one of the best looking animes I have seen
Also its not like ofter anime (this ones not a biright and color full)
Think along the lines of Samurai X only less color

http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=2216
http://www.anime-source.com/banzai/modules.php?name=Anime&rop=showcontent&id=1968

In the 6th year of Kan'ei. Tired of the Suruga martial arts tournaments and eager to see some blood, Dainagon Tokugawa Tadanaka orders his men to host a sword dual to the death for his enjoyment. The lucky contestants turn out to be one-armed Fujiki Gennosuke and his blind opponent Irako Seigen.

Just as the match is about to get underway, the story rewinds several years to show just who these characters are and how they got their grievous wounds. We learn that Gennosuke was one of the major figures in the Kogan-ryuu school of fencing and that Seigen attempted to defeat the Kogan-ryuu students before eventually joining the school as a pupil himself. Talented Seigen becomes a favored student of Kogan himself (a genius swordsman, but dangerously senile), even surpassing loyal Gennosuke in terms of respect and status. Without giving away too much, Seigen and Kogan have a brutal falling out and Seigen is expelled from the dojo. Seigen and Kogan become mortal enemies, and each have fairly understandable reasons for wanting to see the other dead.

The story is compelling, with intriguing characters and dramatic events, but it's the art that really stands out with this series. This series is graphic, with stomach-churning anatomic detail. It's bloodier than "Koroshiya Ichi" (the basis of Miike's infamous "Ichi the Killer" movie). Unlike "Koroshiya Ichi" the gore isn't really gratuitous per se, and it's not "all blood, all the time"; "Shigurui" just doesn't pull any punches when it comes to showing what happens when motivated killers swing extremely sharp blades into soft, pink human bodies.

wikipedia said:
Shigurui (シグルイ, Shigurui?) is a manga drawn by Takayuki Yamaguchi. It is (very) loosely based on the novel "Suruga-jou Gozen Jiai" by Norio Nanjo. There series is noted for its brutal, unflinching look at violence and depravity of its time period, often showing graphic disembowelings, decapitations, and lurid sex acts in extreme detail. It was adapted into an anime by Madhouse.

ahh....that's why you like it

i might dl this once i might get my laptop, sounds cool(not talking about the hentai)

Well theres only one bit in the secound ep
But its tastefully done (ie you only see boob)
But other than that its pure samurai stuff
ie - Theres a bit where two swords men go into a stance with no openings (even bokkens can kill) and the judge calls it a draw

Back