Shop and Internet Channels not Working?

woe911

WiiChat Member
Jan 11, 2007
Here is the deal with those wii's whose forecast channel works but shop and internet channels do not. The problem is with internet providers not having nintendos servers addresses in all their databases. To fix the mysterious problem follow these clicks: on the start up channels menu click wii options, then settings, then internet, then connection settings, then click on whatever your current connection is ( ie connection 1 , connection 2, or connection 3, ) Then click on change settings, click to the right 3 pages so the heading reads "Auto obtain DNS" Click on "NO" and click advanced settings, then for the primary dns input this sequence 206.013.030.012 for the secondary inpur 206.013.029.012 click confirm and then save and initiate the system test. the shop and internet channels that did not load up should now work. Have fun.

I am in the U.S. so it could be only for U.S. residents.

Hi, i have the same problem! But i live in Europe, so i can't use those DNS's(i tried and Wii gives me an error)! Can you tell me the European DNS so i can access the Wii Shop?
Help me! Thanks a lot for the interest...

Last edited:
Hunter123 said:
Hi, i have the same problem! But i live in Europe, so i can't use those DNS's(i tried and Wii gives me an error)! Can you tell me the European DNS so i can access the Wii Shop?
Help me! Thanks a lot for the interest...

Those DNS listed, are the ones for his local ISP. Contact your local ISP, or go into Windows on your computer and click on Start/Run. Type in "cmd" there.

in the black DOS windows, type in "ipconfig /all" (including a space between g and /) This should list your DNS.

I tried this...but still not working! Sorry i thought 206.013.030.012 was a Nintendo server! Because Woe911 said that some internet providers not have nintendos servers addresses in all their databases...
Thanks for help, i'm hope i can solve this problem!

Nintendo America told me they should work anywhere in the U.S. For those outside the united states. Say Europe, I would either call Nintendo Europe and ask for the DNS numbers or you could try e-mailing them.

I have had the same problems connecting to the shop in the UK and I have changed my router dns settings to use the opendns servers (see their website www.opendns.com) and now it seems to work ok for me:
I don't know if that will help for you.

Hi, Thanks for the reply woe911 and Motty!
For woe911: I already called Nintendo Europe Service and emailed them but...no answers yet.
For Motty: Thanks for the suggestion, i visited www.opendns.com but i have a question:
I must change:
-my internet connection DNS settings
-my access point DNS settings
-my Wii DNS settings (now them are set to "automatic")
-or all the three settings above together?

Thanks for the help, i'll try soon as i can, i hope this can solve my problem!!!

To be honest, I'm not sure how the Wii connects through the router. I think if you set the Wii to Auto and change the router dns, that will work (that is what I have done).
But I'm not sure if you set the Wii to a particular dns, whether that will override the router setting. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable here will be able to help.

Thanks, i'll try different settings...i'll tell you if this solution work for me.

I tried. Don't work...i also set DNS in all three setup (also Wii settings). :(

Sorry about that. Those dns settings work for me. May the problem here is not with dns settings as Nintendo have suggested? Maybe a problem with their shop servers???

Maybe...i searched in many web pages, and many users (a lot of users) have this annoying problem...:mad2:

Back