Shop Channel not working?

clrntsqueak

WiiChat Member
Nov 24, 2006
Is anyone else having problems getting into the shop channel?

I keep getting errors stating the Wii cannot connect to the server.

Shop Channel connection error

I've been getting these errors a lot as well, I fixed mine by changing my router's wireless frequency channel to 1, if you don't have a wireless router or a Nintendo Wi-Fi dongle, check the connection from your USB ethernet port box to your hub, wired router, or switch

if u cant get on, it may not be ur internet. A lot of ppl just got the wiis and are on the virtual console and ppl r getting wii points cards and using them. Yesterday, i kept on getting the same code, as did i a lot of ppl on other boards 209600 ( that was the code) then i was able to get on later that day. Its probably because the servers are packed.

About an hour later I was able to get on. :) Thanks for the replies.

For anybody that has a connection error, I don't care where your router is located based on your Wii, I don't care if you get different errors, change your router to wireless channel 1 no matter what, not that it might work, it WILL work, I thought it wouldn't work and searched for hours, I decided to change it out of sheir spite, I changed it, and voila it worked perfectly afterwards, just try it

Back