Shop Channel VERY SLOW

WiiWrestle

Proud SSBB Owner
May 18, 2007
A Place
Wii Online Code
3714-7039-4037-0069
I know,this has been posted many times,but I couldn't find any solutions.

I waited 2 hours for the Shop Channel,and it doesn't fully connect.:shocked:

(Thankfully,Forecast and News Channels work:yesnod:)

If you didn't know yet,I have dial-up.:sick:

Anyways,I heard if you change your router's channel to 11 it works. I saw you put in your IP or whatever like a website and change it. It doesn't work.

Please Help!!!

I am nooo expert but i thought the wii only worked with broadband???

Can you play online with dial up?

All I know,is I can reach the News and Forecast Channel. I just want the Shop Channel!!!!!!!!!!

WiiWrestle said:
All I know,is I can reach the News and Forecast Channel. I just want the Shop Channel!!!!!!!!!!

Only a Nintendo patch can solve this. I emailed them...but...no good answer!

Dial up isn't always..slow..I have SkyWi, and I have perfect interney connection, and the channle won't work for me..

I dunno about the dial-up part but I know if Shop Channel ever goes slow for me, all I ever have to do is give my router a hard reset and everything's good again. It seems to me, though, that even if your speed is fine with dial-up, it's difficult to keep the connection at the constant bitrate the shop channel would require. Buuuuuut if it's worked fine playing 360 games then I dunno why Wii would have any trouble.
I know it's easier said than done but I'm gonna say the obvious... switch to cable :(

I'm getting High Speed Internet Tommorow!!!!!!!!

WiiWrestle said:
I know,this has been posted many times,but I couldn't find any solutions.

I waited 2 hours for the Shop Channel,and it doesn't fully connect.:shocked:

(Thankfully,Forecast and News Channels work:yesnod:)

If you didn't know yet,I have dial-up.:sick:

Anyways,I heard if you change your router's channel to 11 it works. I saw you put in your IP or whatever like a website and change it. It doesn't work.

Please Help!!!

In Windows:

Start>Run>cmd (enter)

ipconfig/all (enter)

there it sais your ip adress, go to it via your web browser, this will get you to your router settings.

You'll probably need a password to get in whitch is admin 99 percent of the time.

Now you can ch ange your router settings, peace

I have DSL and from time to time experienced VERY slow speeds when either connecting to the shop channel or trying to load pages. However once I select a game to download the speed is improved. I usually just load the shop channel then watch tv for a few minutes waiting for it to load then come back to it.

Back