Shortage?

Inspire

'';aM;'' Inspire
Oct 31, 2006
Louisiana
Wii Online Code
7368-8559-7526-8152
I did a quick search and I didn't find anyone who had referenced this story.

Link to Original Article:

Wii Shortages Expected at Launch - Wiispace.com

Nintendo has recently announced that despite the Wii’s large North American launch quantity of about 4 million, they expect there will be shortages.

If you’ve gotten a notice you probably already know, but retailers are beginning to send out the feared emails informing gamers that they pre-ordered a little too late and they might not get their Wii on launch day.

Popular Europeon retailer Play.com has already sent out some of these emails. The emails go as follows, “Dear Customer, due to a European shortage of the Nintendo Wii Consoles, we regret to inform you that Play.com will be unable to supply your pre-ordered Nintendo Wii at launch.”

Unfortunately, it gets worse. The message goes on to say, “We are guaranteed more stock before Christmas, but Nintendo has informed us, along with all other official Nintendo retailers, that the console will not be freely available until next year.”

Not freely available until next year? Does anyone remember the Xbox 360? Fortunately, I don’t believe the Wii shortage will be as bad, I just hope I’m right.

[Posted by Crynos]

Personally, I'm not too worried - I'll be camping out at at least one Wal-Mart. What are your thoughts?

Alot of companies took pre-orders based on speculative allocations, some companies kept taking them knowing they would not be able to fulfill on release. With every launch there are dissapointed people, thats just life. With the Wii there will be less dissapointed people hopefully. One problem is that because the Wii has received a lot of hype more people want it so we all stand slightly less chance of getting one. The store where i have my pre-order informed me that 2 people in front of me in the queue have dropped out and so i am fifth. Woot.

The American launch quantity is about 1 million, and 4 million is the estimated number of available consoles before christmas worldwide. (i know it's the source not you)

I'm not worried at all because even when there is a major shoretage it doesn't really affect Norway.

Ah, you're absolutely right, wayne, thanks for catching that one!

I had one of those play.com emails, so i did some searching. Argos - Don't shop for it. Argos it! has a very convincing "this product will be delivered on 8th December" notice on there, so i payed the extra fiver for postage, but im almost quarenteed a wii on the day! (argos have their own vans for delivery, and dont use post office) Plus, they said i will get a ten pound voucher through the post, so really i actually saved a fiver!

wayne said:
The American launch quantity is about 1 million, and 4 million is the estimated number of available consoles before christmas worldwide. (i know it's the source not you)

I'm not worried at all because even when there is a major shoretage it doesn't really affect Norway.

Actually I believe the North American launch is 2 million, and I'm quite sure Canada isn't getting a million to themselves.

Hey chessaholic i just rang up Argos about the wii, i cant put an order in atm but they said that if i put an order in with them they will check the stock they have and if it goes through and they have got stock it will be sent out for launch day. So, i might have to gove them a ring tommorow. Its just bloody annoying that game.co.uk have'ny responded its kinda leaving me in the dark and i dont know if i will be able to get a console from them >_<

Back