Shortages?

thas said:
darn it. i ordered it yesturday. i doubt they will do that unless there is a shortage. or maybe they will do first come first surve. id like that.
I'd like that too, seeing as I'll be there at 8:30 at the least.

if i need to ill get there at 12:00. you have any idea how long i waited in line for the wii in november of 2006 in CANADA.

GigaRidley said:
Was the demand high in Canada?

hell yeah. i still dont see wiis in stores. i lined up for 6 hours waiting. i went to five different stores not including branches. yes i would say the demand is high. in my area, if you have a ps3 your a reject, if you have a 360 nobody cares and if you have a wii, you shouldnt make it public or you will lose it to the demand.

thas said:
hell yeah. i still dont see wiis in stores. i lined up for 6 hours waiting. i went to five different stores not including branches. yes i would say the demand is high. in my area, if you have a ps3 your a reject, if you have a 360 nobody cares and if you have a wii, you shouldnt make it public or you will lose it to the demand.
Wow...
You still can't find any wiis where I live either, but most of the hardcore nintendo fans already have one, the casual gamers are still looking.

GigaRidley said:
Wow...
You still can't find any wiis where I live either, but most of the hardcore nintendo fans already have one, the casual gamers are still looking.

okay ive said this before and ill say it again, i really dont believe that there are that many casual gamers, just casual games for the gamers that want to relax.

thas said:
okay ive said this before and ill say it again, i really dont believe that there are that many casual gamers, just casual games for the gamers that want to relax.
Well, everyone has a different definition of the word "casual gamer"

Here's an update on the situation...
The Japanese launch of the rabidly anticipated Super Smash Bros. Brawl must've snuck up on publisher Nintendo, according to North American importers. Game|Life passes on word from online retailers National Console Support and Play-Asia that the rumored SSBB shortage is looking very real, with only 15-25% of pre-orders expected to be filled immediately by the two retailers. The wait for others may creep into the second half of February.

National Console Support has slightly better news with today's update, indicating that the shortage is "more of a delay than an actual shortage" with suppliers expected to receive stock by the weekend. Opportunists, they write, are doing their best to profit from Nintendo's inability to meet Super Smash Bros. Brawl demand, with some distributors charging 8500 yen per copy.

We'll happily wait for March 9 for our copy, all the while hoping that Nintendo of America has its **** a bit more together.

http://kotaku.com/350272/importers-warn-japans-super-smash-bros-brawl-scarcity-is-real

Do you believe that America will have shortages?

Hmm, does it even matter when you pre-ordered the game? Can't you still get it before the people who pre-ordered it like last year or w/e?

wiiisawesome said:
Hmm, does it even matter when you pre-ordered the game? Can't you still get it before the people who pre-ordered it like last year or w/e?

yes you can. its first come first surve, i checked with ebgames.

I was told by a Gamestop employee (Formerly Electronics Boutique) that I should show up before the store opens to get my copy. That's with the preorder! What the hell Gamestop!? It's probably going to be as big as Halo 3, WoW Burning Crusade. You have to factor in there are more Wii owners than 360 owners.

I estimate it will sell at least double Mario Galaxy.

Anyone hear any news on how the JP release went? Any shortages? All preorders met? If not, how many were filled? etc.

D1nner said:
Anyone hear any news on how the JP release went? Any shortages? All preorders met? If not, how many were filled? etc.

the jap official release is tomorrow. anyway i read some where that two retailers will only be able to fill 15%-25% of the preorders. but i dont think it will happen in north america.

thas said:
the jap official release is tomorrow. anyway i read some where that two retailers will only be able to fill 15%-25% of the preorders. but i dont think it will happen in north america.
It comes out on the 31st right? Then it came out 35 minutes ago.

Back