Shotgun!

Splash_King

The Scrubbiest of Hunters
Jan 25, 2009
Nimbasa City
Wii Online Code
0129-0129-0129-0129
What the **** is it with kids these days n' calling shotgun? What's so great 'bout riding in a car's front seat... ? Somebody enlighten this derpsome 'Karpmod.

And yes, this is easily the most random thread I've ever made.

But, a dog doesn't care for a back seat or front seat window... ?

Therefore, I gather children are moar stupid than dogs! ... No wonder I don't want any.

Well kids are well kids I don't know why they call shotgun I think the term came from drive by shootings and kids like guns so yeah

I think sibling rivalry would also come into play in why they want the front seat.

I think sibling rivalry would also come into play in why they want the front seat.
True kids like the front seat better than the back and one would want to "win" the "competition" of being up front

I think the term came from drive by shootings and kids like guns so yeah

Oh lord no, the term "riding shotgun" dates back to the days of revolvers and stagecoaches.

You know what a stagecoach is, yeah? Basically a horse-drawn carriage for transporting people, for a fee. The original taxi, if you will. 'Round the days of the Wild West, when firearms and ammo were readily available if you could afford, highwaymen and gangs were becoming more and more common, as well as hostile Native American tribes in certain areas. Stagecoaches couldn't afford to travel without a shootist for protection. Shooting from a fast-moving vehicle is no easy feat however, so rifles and pistols weren't smart to rely on for stagecoach protection, so the guy sitting next to the driver would often have a loaded shotgun (with some form of scattershot, obviously) at the ready, what with shotguns not needing precise aim. That's where the term originates from.

I think sibling rivalry would also come into play.

Ahh, that might be it.

I see we are trying to psychologically break this down
I would say it has to do with more room, better view, and pride

No, its a monkey see monkey do situation. They weren't born knowing of shotgun. They saw it in the media and simply follow suit like the blind masses they are. Applicable to many other things as well.

Back