Should be an easy question for all you gamers

darkserpant

WiiChat Member
Dec 25, 2006
Is it possible to play with the wii controller the old fashioned way? What I mean is I don't want to move my body for the guy on the screen to react. I want to control the game with no motion of myself. Just pressing buttons on the remote is how I want to play the game. Can this feature be turned on to do this? I want to get the new mario game comming out next month and just want to play it the old fasioned way. Thanks

Is it possible to play with the wii controller the old fashioned way?
Not with all games.
Can this feature be turned on to do this?
Only with a few games
I want to get the new mario game comming out next month and just want to play it the old fasioned way. Thanks
If I can recall it can only be played with the pad in "NES mode"

Why did you get a Wii if you just want to play games with a normal pad?

like Dprinny said, only certain games. also, unless the game requires a balance board then you can play by just sitting down and flicking your wrist. some games also allow you to use a Gamecube controller or the classic controller attacthment.

and by 'NES mode' he meant holding the controller sideways where 2=A and 1=B

I also have a wii and like regular gamepads. But other than sports and balance board stuff you usually have a choice (shown at the beginning of each game) what controller to use. Or before you buy Wii Ware and VC games read the information. It tells you.
Using the Wii Mote sideways is easy and required on games like Tetris. I use a PS2 controller on brawl and any other games that allow a gamecube controller. I have an adapter to plug in the PS2 controller to the gamecube port. (it also plugs into a X_box).
On Mario Kart I use WiiMote as the PS2 was useless for driving. Or maybe its just me...
nah! or is it?

It pretty much depend's on the Wii game you are playing.

Some you have to.

Some you dont.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a great Wii game that doesn't require you to fling the remote around. That's about all I know though. I actually don't own many Wii games.

The new Mario Brothers wii, I believe you can play the wii way oe the N.E.S style 'old school' way. Mortal Kombat Armagedeon is both ways...new motion way or kick back and play like from S.N.E.S days.

Back